Relay For Life a success
To the editor:
The 11th annual Relay for Life Green 2013 was a huge success. The most important part of this event is that we had the participation of so many of our community members and local businesses to support our cause.
We were so honored to have Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor and Mayor Dick Norton open our ceremonies with words to encourage our teams and survivors, with the Summit County Sheriff Mounted Patrol [Unit] for our flag presentation and Green High School Class of 2013 graduate Dara Willis sing our national anthem.
Jeanne Grecco, manager of human resources for the city of Green, as well as the very first Relay For Life chairman, also opened with comments to our attendees.
The Ohio Legends Football team escorted our survivors for their opening lap and then our survivors were honored at a wonderful survivor dinner donated by Legends, The Bistro and West Side Bakery.
Our net income is now over $24,000; what a testimony of the hard work of our teams, team captains and generous participants.
We would like to thank Akron General Wellness and Lifestyles for their generous donation of their first-class facility for Relay For Life. We held our monthly meetings there; they provided maintenance for the event, as well as opened up the building for restrooms, dinner, a secure room for our banking and so much more. They were with us from beginning to end.
We are already planning next year’s relay! Watch our website for updates and more information. Thank you to all who participated and added to yet another successful event in our great city of Green.
Jennifer Jesser-Ringer, Relay For Life chair
- Fairlawn official urges residents to vote against Issues 13-17
- FNHA officials ask for support of Issues 13-17
- Chief justice asks voters to check out website
- Cartoons: 10-27-16
- Resident concerned about marijuana ventures
- Portage Lakes Library supporters offer thanks
- Green Councilman endorses Prentice
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016