Parade watcher wants more patriotism
To the editor:
I give the Fairlawn Independence Day parade a C minus. It was more about self-promotion than patriotism. Too many politicians. Too many tow trucks. Too many emergency vehicles. Too many wandering people. Too much littering and wasted candy.
The high point was the Copley High School Marching Band. Many thanks to them for giving the parade the focal point that was otherwise missing.
Perhaps next year this parade could have some boundaries about who is and who is not welcome to participate. No candy and no candidates would be a start.
How can patriotic floats be encouraged? Award some nice prizes?
Dick Williams, West Akron
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014