Richfield resident hopes bell can be preserved
To the editor:
It is my hope that the Revere [Local School District] Board of Education will have an open mind concerning the bell that belonged to the Richfield School. If they would give the bell to the Richfield Historical Society, they would preserve and display it for future generations to enjoy. I understand they are planning to put it on the football field to be rung after a touchdown. This is no way to preserve a 126-year-old piece of history.
I graduated from Richfield High School in 1934 but was very involved in the merger of Bath and Richfield. I served four years on the first Revere Board of Education, and our three daughters graduated from Revere, so my interest is in both communities.
Myrtle Haslem, Richfield
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- Downtown@Dusk: Horns and Things - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014