Couple seeks closure in death of their dog
To the editor:
This letter is addressed to the person in a silver van or SUV who hit our dog on the morning of Sept. 4 on Granger Road.
We realize she should not have been free — this was our fault — and she may have run out in front of your car, but could you not have stopped to try to find out who the dog belonged to? There was a man standing across the street who saw you drive away.
Yes, somehow she made it home to the garage, but she was crushed and bleeding internally. She died in my arms strangling on her own blood about an hour later.
Although we are devastated by her loss, we would just like some closure in knowing who hit her. Please answer if you can. It would be a big help.
Loren and Barbara Hale, Bath
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014