Bath resident praises honesty of worker
To the editor:
Before Labor Day fades into the sunset, I want to share a recent event that shows the honesty and goodness of a local worker.
After paying a contractor on Sept. 3, I placed my wallet on the back of my car in the garage. By the time I finished my outdoor chores, I had completely forgotten about the mislaid wallet. Later, I jumped in the car and drove off oblivious to anything out of the ordinary. The wallet failed to follow. Upon returning home, I found a message on my answering machine from the Bath Police Department inviting me to stop by and pick up my errant possession. At the station, the dispatcher handed the wallet to me with all credit cards and cash intact. A trash hauling team from Rumpke had spotted it at the side of the road and dropped it off at the station.
You could interpret this story as evidence that the old adage, “God takes care of fools and children,” is true. Perhaps so. I consider it also a testament to the integrity and good character of Rumpke’s John C. and countless others like him who are not just good workers but also good neighbors. I hope your Labor Day weekend had as happy an ending as mine.
Jacqueline Roth, Bath
Calendar of Events
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015
- Full Moon Paddle - 8/29/2015
- Bad to the Bone with the Whiskey Kings, Hotel California with the Twistoffs - 8/29/2015
- Keepers of the Art Music Showcase - 8/29/2015