Springfield resident seeking more oversight on school building
To the editor:
Your editor’s notes following the letter to the editor, “Springfield resident questions floor fix at new school building,” in the Sept. 20, 2013, issue were quite shocking.
To think that a school could be constructed with no inspection is outrageous. As time passes and the public learns more about what went on, and more importantly, what didn’t go on during the construction at Springfield, I am inclined to think criminal charges should be considered. I would like to suggest to your readers that they join with me in an effort to get to the bottom of this fiasco. There are persons who are responsible for this and they should be held accountable. To that end, I will be contacting Gov. John Kasich’s office to ask that the state use whatever power it has to get to the bottom of this disaster. If Summit County does not have oversight in the construction of a school building located in Summit County, then who does?
George “Bud” Clement, Springfield
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015