Zoo board member requesting levy approval
To the editor:
The voters of Summit County have an opportunity to affirm the continued success and future sustainability of the Akron Zoological Park by voting for Issue No. 3 on Nov. 5, 2013.
I have had the great privilege of watching the zoo blossom over my past 26 years as a Board member. The staff at the zoo is second to none, the animal collection is world class, and the park itself is adorned with manicured gardens and spectacular views of Downtown Akron. All of us associated with the zoo are overjoyed with the new Mike and Mary Stark Grizzly Ridge exhibit, which now sets annual attendance records daily.
Needless to say, the Akron Zoo has been a responsible steward of our investment as property owners in Summit County. For over 60 years now, our zoo has enriched the lives of Summit County citizens and visitors, people of all ages, young and old alike.
My wife and I, along with so many other parents, have a treasury of happy memories visiting the zoo with a toddler in hand.
With your support, may this bright star in Summit County continue to glow.
Gregory Bean, Bath
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014