Former board member supports incumbents
To the editor:
I am writing to support the incumbent Coventry [Local Schools] Board [of Education] members Bob Wohlgamuth, Dave Andrews and Tom Thompson.
These three gentlemen have served the citizens of Coventry for many years. They have been there to bring the educational system from “Academic Watch” to “Excellent with Distinction.” The Middle School has received many state and national awards, and their principals have gone to our state capital and Washington, D.C., to lead conferences on how they have progressed to these levels. While the board members did not accomplish these goals themselves, they gave the administrators the tools to accomplish them.
I have served with all three and can tell you that they have the students at the forefront of their decision-making. I cannot tell you the amount of phone calls and emails that go back and forth between them before all the board meetings before they cast their votes.
I have been to most of the board meetings since the filing deadline for this election, and only one of the new candidates has attended a meeting. How can they say they know what is going on and how a board functions if they don’t attend meetings? I heard an administrator remark that this is a first when the candidates do not attend the meetings.
I strongly recommend you re-elect Bob Wohlgamuth [W], Dave Andrews [A] and Tom Thompson [T]. Please vote WAT on Nov. 5.
Bill Breitenbach, former Coventry Schools Board of Education member
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014