Portage Lakes Library book sale successful
To the editor:
The Friends of the Library for the Portage Lakes Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library held its fall book sale Oct. 3 and 5. The sale was a success.
We are grateful to everyone who helped: members of the Friends group who volunteered their time to work on the book sale, Manchester High School athletes who carried all our boxes of books and the Portage Lakes Branch Library staff. We would also like to thank the community that came out and supported our efforts by buying the books. The monies raised will go toward Portage Lakes Branch Library projects and programs.
The spring book sale is tentatively set for May 2014. We will need book donations to prepare for the spring sale; drop off your books at the Portage Lakes library desk. We can always use people to help throughout the year. Our next meeting is Nov. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Portage Lakes Branch Library. Come see how you can be a part of this.
Margo Erme, president, Friends of the Library, Portage Lakes Branch
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014