Portage Lakes Library book sale successful
To the editor:
The Friends of the Library for the Portage Lakes Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library held its fall book sale Oct. 3 and 5. The sale was a success.
We are grateful to everyone who helped: members of the Friends group who volunteered their time to work on the book sale, Manchester High School athletes who carried all our boxes of books and the Portage Lakes Branch Library staff. We would also like to thank the community that came out and supported our efforts by buying the books. The monies raised will go toward Portage Lakes Branch Library projects and programs.
The spring book sale is tentatively set for May 2014. We will need book donations to prepare for the spring sale; drop off your books at the Portage Lakes library desk. We can always use people to help throughout the year. Our next meeting is Nov. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Portage Lakes Branch Library. Come see how you can be a part of this.
Margo Erme, president, Friends of the Library, Portage Lakes Branch
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014