Akron Zoo officials grateful for support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Akron Zoo’s Board of Directors, staff and volunteers, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who supported Issue 3. You have made not only a great commitment to your Akron Zoo, but to education and conservation of wildlife. I would also like to acknowledge the heroic efforts of the Citizens For Our Zoo’s Future, who helped spread the word of the zoo and Issue 3.
We will continue to provide a zoo which is a dynamic, financially responsible, guest-centered animal experience that is energized by innovation and fun. Because of your support, our conservation programs, partnerships and education programs will continue to thrive.
We take the responsibility of your tax dollars very seriously. I can promise you we will continue to use the tax funds efficiently and effectively to provide a first class zoo for our guests and animals. We will continue to elicit feedback on how you want your zoo to continue to grow. We are grateful and humbled by your support and look forward to the opportunity to inspire and educate many generations to come.
Robert Littman, chairman, Board of Directors, Akron Zoo
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014