G.P.A. Turkey Trot a success
To the editor:
On behalf of the Green Professionals Association [G.P.A.], I would like to thank each and every one of you for spending your Thanksgiving morning with us. The final numbers are in. We had a total of 686 runners (5K, 577; 1 mile, 109), with 15 states and two countries represented. That is 61 more runners than last year, even despite the weather! We raised over $11,000 for Green High School scholarships and G.P.A.-sanctioned community service projects. Leftover food from the race and over 100 canned goods were donated to Green Good Neighbors.
To view 5K race results, visit www.ohiochallengeseries.com.
As we start to plan for next year’s race, we are greatly interested in your feedback. If you [have] any suggestions or comments on how we can improve next year’s race, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those of you that would like to see race day photos, please visit http://romm.zenfolio.com, click [“All My Photos”] and then “Turkey Trot 2013.”
I would also like to take the time to thank all of our wonderful volunteers and sponsors. Park Auto Group was once again our main sponsor this year.
We greatly underestimated the amount of support we would receive from our community in terms of participants and volunteers, which shows how truly great our community is. You all made this event a success and I look forward to seeing you next year.
If anyone is interested in becoming a member of Green Professionals Association, please visit our website, www.green-professionals-association.org, for more information.
We look forward to working with each and every one of you to strengthen our community.
Jennifer Borowy, G.P.A. treasurer; assistant vice president, branch manager II, PNC Bank
- Fairlawn mayor urges ‘no’ vote on Issues 13-17
- Former teacher, board member supports bond issue
- Norton resident says Barberton partnership ‘overdue’
- Bath man questions need for conservancy
- Cartoon: 10-20-16
- Purple Martin Association official appreciates state designation
- Green resident questions City Council raises
- Cartoon: 10-21-16
Calendar of Events
- Collage 2016 - 10/26/2016
- Scrapbooking - 10/26/2016
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - 10/26/2016
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016