Auditor invites seniors to sign up for exemption
To the editor:
This year, the state [of Ohio] changed the law with regard to the Homestead Exemption Program that gives all persons 65 years of age and older a property tax break on their home. Beginning next year, there will be income qualifications that must be met in order to qualify.
I strongly encourage all homeowners 65 years of age and older to contact my office to ensure they’re signed up for this program. You may also get information and an application at our website, www.medinacountyauditor.org.
Getting signed up under the old program means you will not have to meet income qualifications ever. Failure to sign up under the old program means you will have to meet income requirements on a continuing annual basis.
Please help me spread the word to anyone you think may be eligible. And, on behalf of my staff and myself, we wish you the very best for Christmas and the New Year!
Mike Kovack, Medina County auditor
- Fairlawn official urges residents to vote against Issues 13-17
- FNHA officials ask for support of Issues 13-17
- Chief justice asks voters to check out website
- Cartoons: 10-27-16
- Resident concerned about marijuana ventures
- Portage Lakes Library supporters offer thanks
- Green Councilman endorses Prentice
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016