Auditor invites seniors to sign up for exemption
To the editor:
This year, the state [of Ohio] changed the law with regard to the Homestead Exemption Program that gives all persons 65 years of age and older a property tax break on their home. Beginning next year, there will be income qualifications that must be met in order to qualify.
I strongly encourage all homeowners 65 years of age and older to contact my office to ensure they’re signed up for this program. You may also get information and an application at our website, www.medinacountyauditor.org.
Getting signed up under the old program means you will not have to meet income qualifications ever. Failure to sign up under the old program means you will have to meet income requirements on a continuing annual basis.
Please help me spread the word to anyone you think may be eligible. And, on behalf of my staff and myself, we wish you the very best for Christmas and the New Year!
Mike Kovack, Medina County auditor
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014