Green school district recognized
To the editor:
While a school district’s academic achievement can be measured by what is published on the state report card, there are other ways in which a school can receive academic recognition. Green High School was recently recognized by The College Board as one of three districts locally and 477 nationally to make the AP District Honor Roll for increasing access to AP (Advanced Placement) course work while simultaneously maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP exams. According to The College Board, AP courses provide the rigor of college-level academics within the high school environment, thus increasing a student’s likelihood of success in higher education. Such a distinction clearly demonstrates the commitment of [the] administration, counselors, teachers, students and parents to ensure college readiness at Green High School.
For more on the AP District Honor Roll, visit http://professionals.collegeboard.com/k-12/awards/ap-district-honor-roll.
Bob Garritano, Green
Calendar of Events
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015
- Full Moon Paddle - 8/29/2015
- Bad to the Bone with the Whiskey Kings, Hotel California with the Twistoffs - 8/29/2015
- Keepers of the Art Music Showcase - 8/29/2015