Richfield resident thinks Senior Center should welcome Bath seniors
To the editor:
Dear neighbors of Richfield and Bath:
Since the opening of the Richfield Senior Center more than a decade ago, the reality of older citizens has begun to take its toll. Many of the original members have sadly passed, moved or been moved to facilities. Meanwhile, the senior citizens of Bath have been asking for and hoping for a senior center for themselves. These two situations have one of the simplest and most wonderful solutions right at hand.
In the spirit of the historic flavor of our communities ... let’s do what neighbors used to do ... open the door of the Richfield Center and invite the folks from Bath to join in the fun! I realize there are some details to work out, but in the meanwhile everyone could be enjoying what is already available. Best of all, the neighboring senior community would have social activities galore right now ... not at some vague time down the road.
This is a win-win for seniors in both neighborhoods.
Lynn Ruediger, Richfield
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015