Richfield resident thinks Senior Center should welcome Bath seniors
To the editor:
Dear neighbors of Richfield and Bath:
Since the opening of the Richfield Senior Center more than a decade ago, the reality of older citizens has begun to take its toll. Many of the original members have sadly passed, moved or been moved to facilities. Meanwhile, the senior citizens of Bath have been asking for and hoping for a senior center for themselves. These two situations have one of the simplest and most wonderful solutions right at hand.
In the spirit of the historic flavor of our communities ... let’s do what neighbors used to do ... open the door of the Richfield Center and invite the folks from Bath to join in the fun! I realize there are some details to work out, but in the meanwhile everyone could be enjoying what is already available. Best of all, the neighboring senior community would have social activities galore right now ... not at some vague time down the road.
This is a win-win for seniors in both neighborhoods.
Lynn Ruediger, Richfield
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014