Richfield resident thinks Senior Center should welcome Bath seniors
To the editor:
Dear neighbors of Richfield and Bath:
Since the opening of the Richfield Senior Center more than a decade ago, the reality of older citizens has begun to take its toll. Many of the original members have sadly passed, moved or been moved to facilities. Meanwhile, the senior citizens of Bath have been asking for and hoping for a senior center for themselves. These two situations have one of the simplest and most wonderful solutions right at hand.
In the spirit of the historic flavor of our communities ... let’s do what neighbors used to do ... open the door of the Richfield Center and invite the folks from Bath to join in the fun! I realize there are some details to work out, but in the meanwhile everyone could be enjoying what is already available. Best of all, the neighboring senior community would have social activities galore right now ... not at some vague time down the road.
This is a win-win for seniors in both neighborhoods.
Lynn Ruediger, Richfield
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014