Richfield resident thinks Senior Center should welcome Bath seniors
To the editor:
Dear neighbors of Richfield and Bath:
Since the opening of the Richfield Senior Center more than a decade ago, the reality of older citizens has begun to take its toll. Many of the original members have sadly passed, moved or been moved to facilities. Meanwhile, the senior citizens of Bath have been asking for and hoping for a senior center for themselves. These two situations have one of the simplest and most wonderful solutions right at hand.
In the spirit of the historic flavor of our communities ... let’s do what neighbors used to do ... open the door of the Richfield Center and invite the folks from Bath to join in the fun! I realize there are some details to work out, but in the meanwhile everyone could be enjoying what is already available. Best of all, the neighboring senior community would have social activities galore right now ... not at some vague time down the road.
This is a win-win for seniors in both neighborhoods.
Lynn Ruediger, Richfield
- Bath resident offers Minor Road fix
- Copley resident disappointed in ODOT process
- West Akron resident critical of city officials
- Cartoon: 4-16-15
- Coventry teacher asking residents to support learning
- Resident says Coventry’s open enrollment policy needs change
- New Franklin reader questions septic fees
- Voter supports Coventry renewal levy
- Coventry woman seeking levy support
Calendar of Events
- Spring Family Book Walk - 4/19/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 4/19/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley House Concert with Ed Caner - 4/19/2015
- Classical Guitarist Stephen Aron - 4/19/2015
- BassoonaRoo - 4/19/2015