Green Good Neighbors grateful for donations
To the editor:
Green Good Neighbors would like to thank all of the businesses, churches, organizations and individuals who contributed to making Christmas 2013 such a success. We were able to provide Christmas gifts to over 500 children and Christmas food and vouchers or gift cards to over 400 families in Green, Coventry, New Franklin, Manchester, Clinton and Springfield, since we cover the entire area of southern Summit County.
It was so heartwarming to realize our community is becoming aware of the need and hunger in our area. We heard from parents that they are teaching their children to share toys they may have outgrown and clothes that have become too small.
The food contributed during November and December from the drop-off areas set up by Green Mayor Dick Norton and his staff made this the best year Good Neighbors has ever experienced. We especially appreciated FedEx sending their employees to help us move tables and items from storage. If you came and helped or just donated, we want you to know you made a difference in the lives of those less fortunate.
Please remember we are open for donations every Wednesday from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. at the rear of Greensburg United Methodist Church, 2161 Greensburg Road. We need gently used clothing, toys, household items and food. Good Neighbors consists of unpaid volunteers from all area churches, and we need your support. Thanks so much!
Dorothy Cormany and Pat Stiles, co-chairmen, and Marilyn Mackasek, Christmas chairman, Green
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014