Akron reader says tornado siren system needed
To the editor:
When our area went through the bad weather Monday, May 12, Akron did not have a tornado siren system? WEWS-TV reporter Ron Regan stated that Akron was one of the cities that does not have that vital siren.
Sure, some cell phones got the emergency text alerting them [of] severe weather. Not everyone has a cell phone.
One councilman in Akron said the city does not have the funds for it? I know one way, don’t have as many ward councilmen, combine wards. The money saved could maybe purchase that vital system.
I urge all who read this, call your councilman and urge them to find a way to have this tornado siren system installed in Akron.
Jack Colman, Highland Square
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016