Akron reader says tornado siren system needed
To the editor:
When our area went through the bad weather Monday, May 12, Akron did not have a tornado siren system? WEWS-TV reporter Ron Regan stated that Akron was one of the cities that does not have that vital siren.
Sure, some cell phones got the emergency text alerting them [of] severe weather. Not everyone has a cell phone.
One councilman in Akron said the city does not have the funds for it? I know one way, don’t have as many ward councilmen, combine wards. The money saved could maybe purchase that vital system.
I urge all who read this, call your councilman and urge them to find a way to have this tornado siren system installed in Akron.
Jack Colman, Highland Square
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014