Akron reader says tornado siren system needed
To the editor:
When our area went through the bad weather Monday, May 12, Akron did not have a tornado siren system? WEWS-TV reporter Ron Regan stated that Akron was one of the cities that does not have that vital siren.
Sure, some cell phones got the emergency text alerting them [of] severe weather. Not everyone has a cell phone.
One councilman in Akron said the city does not have the funds for it? I know one way, don’t have as many ward councilmen, combine wards. The money saved could maybe purchase that vital system.
I urge all who read this, call your councilman and urge them to find a way to have this tornado siren system installed in Akron.
Jack Colman, Highland Square
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014