Akron reader says tornado siren system needed
To the editor:
When our area went through the bad weather Monday, May 12, Akron did not have a tornado siren system? WEWS-TV reporter Ron Regan stated that Akron was one of the cities that does not have that vital siren.
Sure, some cell phones got the emergency text alerting them [of] severe weather. Not everyone has a cell phone.
One councilman in Akron said the city does not have the funds for it? I know one way, don’t have as many ward councilmen, combine wards. The money saved could maybe purchase that vital system.
I urge all who read this, call your councilman and urge them to find a way to have this tornado siren system installed in Akron.
Jack Colman, Highland Square
Calendar of Events
- Dinner in the Valley: A Lesson in Ducks - 9/16/2014
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014