Friends of the Library official appreciates community support
To the editor:
The Friends of the Akron-Summit County Public Library, Portage Lakes Branch would like to thank the community for supporting its Spring Book Sale in May. It was a successful event that will help our local library.
Our volunteers put in over 138 hours to set up, conduct and clean up the book sale. Students from Manchester High School helped put our boxes of books away and Acme No. 14 provided bags for our bag sale.
Our next book sale will be Oct. 18; it’ll be a good time to stock up on reading material for the winter. We also have a voluntary Friends of the Library donation book cart in the entrance to the library where patrons can pick up books anytime. We are always looking for new Friends of the Library members; applications are at the library.
Our branch library is a gem and we appreciate everyone who patronizes it.
Margo Erme, president, Friends of the Library, Portage Lakes Branch
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014