Friends of the Library official appreciates community support
To the editor:
The Friends of the Akron-Summit County Public Library, Portage Lakes Branch would like to thank the community for supporting its Spring Book Sale in May. It was a successful event that will help our local library.
Our volunteers put in over 138 hours to set up, conduct and clean up the book sale. Students from Manchester High School helped put our boxes of books away and Acme No. 14 provided bags for our bag sale.
Our next book sale will be Oct. 18; it’ll be a good time to stock up on reading material for the winter. We also have a voluntary Friends of the Library donation book cart in the entrance to the library where patrons can pick up books anytime. We are always looking for new Friends of the Library members; applications are at the library.
Our branch library is a gem and we appreciate everyone who patronizes it.
Margo Erme, president, Friends of the Library, Portage Lakes Branch
- Fairlawn mayor urges ‘no’ vote on Issues 13-17
- Former teacher, board member supports bond issue
- Norton resident says Barberton partnership ‘overdue’
- Bath man questions need for conservancy
- Cartoon: 10-20-16
- Purple Martin Association official appreciates state designation
- Green resident questions City Council raises
- Cartoon: 10-21-16
Calendar of Events
- Homeschoolers: Nature’s Recyclers: ages 11-14 - 10/21/2016
- Mysterious World of Owls - 10/21/2016
- Jazz 330 with Theron Brown Trio - 10/21/2016
- IN ESSE: Material, Process and Community - 10/21/2016
- Play and Stay Friday - 10/21/2016