New Franklin parade a success, says organizer
To the editor:
The City of New Franklin would like to extend our appreciation to all of those involved in helping make the Memorial Day Parade a success. The weather was beautiful, and we had a great turnout of more than 30-plus group participants. The master of ceremonies was Council-at-large member Mr. Harry Gehm. The national anthem was sung by Amy Fox, a senior at Manchester High School, who did a terrific job. Our grand marshal was Ray Arnold, a veteran of the U.S. Army who was driven by Lynn Tomcsik. The invocation/benediction was given by Tom Riley, youth pastor of Grace Bible Church.
Thanks to the American Legion Post No. 566, Mr. Ralph DeVoe, captain, and Honor Guard members Dave Dowling, Chris Miller, George DuBaj and Raphael Barrios for their patriotic participation and performance of the gun salute.
To the youth group at Grace Bible Church — thank you for providing the wonderful pancake breakfast. A huge thanks to the select few individuals who helped with traffic/parking; your time and effort were appreciated. Also, I would like to thank Manchester High School Band Director Brian King and the Manchester High School Band for their participation.
A special thanks to Tim and Jeannette Eberhart, of House of Eberhart Funeral Home, for the donation of the flower baskets and carnations at the Memorial Service; Kim Eckert, of State Farm Insurance, for the donation of bottled water to the parade participants; Acme No. 14 for the gift card donation for purchasing of candy for the parade; and Manchester McDonald’s for the ice and cup donation for the pancake breakfast. Your annual support is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to the members of Cub Scout Pack No. 3118 who replaced more than 100 flags at the Manchester Cemetery — thank you for your contribution and time. And as always, thanks to the New Franklin Police Department and Fire Department for their help in clearing the streets and participating in the parade.
Again, thanks to everyone for making this year’s parade a success!!
Tami Stefan, chairperson, New Franklin Memorial Day Parade
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014