Residents ‘want no part’ of proposed tax
To the editor:
Whether one believes that The University of Akron (UA) is something to be proud of, there is one particular item in the news that disturbs us.
There is a proposed sales tax hike for Summit County. Within this proposal, not only do the “safety forces” receive benefits from the tax, but UA will be receiving a brand-new basketball arena.
We don’t know about any of you out there, but we do not feel it is our duty to pay for a new arena for the university when neither they, nor the city of Akron will be contributing to this project. WOW! The taxpayers get to foot the bill for the whole thing!
It certainly doesn’t impress us that the university would be a part of this. And we certainly want no part of it.
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Willett, Fairlawn
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014