Residents ‘want no part’ of proposed tax
To the editor:
Whether one believes that The University of Akron (UA) is something to be proud of, there is one particular item in the news that disturbs us.
There is a proposed sales tax hike for Summit County. Within this proposal, not only do the “safety forces” receive benefits from the tax, but UA will be receiving a brand-new basketball arena.
We don’t know about any of you out there, but we do not feel it is our duty to pay for a new arena for the university when neither they, nor the city of Akron will be contributing to this project. WOW! The taxpayers get to foot the bill for the whole thing!
It certainly doesn’t impress us that the university would be a part of this. And we certainly want no part of it.
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Willett, Fairlawn
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014