Residents ‘want no part’ of proposed tax
To the editor:
Whether one believes that The University of Akron (UA) is something to be proud of, there is one particular item in the news that disturbs us.
There is a proposed sales tax hike for Summit County. Within this proposal, not only do the “safety forces” receive benefits from the tax, but UA will be receiving a brand-new basketball arena.
We don’t know about any of you out there, but we do not feel it is our duty to pay for a new arena for the university when neither they, nor the city of Akron will be contributing to this project. WOW! The taxpayers get to foot the bill for the whole thing!
It certainly doesn’t impress us that the university would be a part of this. And we certainly want no part of it.
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Willett, Fairlawn
- Fairlawn mayor urges ‘no’ vote on Issues 13-17
- Former teacher, board member supports bond issue
- Norton resident says Barberton partnership ‘overdue’
- Bath man questions need for conservancy
- Cartoon: 10-20-16
- Purple Martin Association official appreciates state designation
- Green resident questions City Council raises
- Cartoon: 10-21-16
Calendar of Events
- Drybrush Watercolor - 10/22/2016
- Easy Street Band - 10/22/2016
- Ghouls (and Guys) Just Want to Have Fun Wine and Canvas Night - 10/22/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 10/22/2016
- “Tails from the Witch’s Cauldron” - 10/22/2016