Manchester Local Schools superintendent announces retirement
To the editor:
My superintendent’s contract terminates at the end of the day on Aug. 31, 2014.
The 10 goals that were established at the beginning of my superintendency have been met. In addition, according to the May 2014 financial forecast, the district now has financial stability (with renewal approval) for the next five years. These achievements occurred because of a coalition of support provided by parents, teachers, support staff, counselors, senior citizens, interested community members, the Board of Education and administrators. Their work for the single purpose of improving instruction and opportunities for children has created the positive reputation and tradition of the Manchester Local School [District]. I am grateful that I was a member of this coalition as superintendent.
After 44 years of total service to the students and families of the Manchester Local Schools (10 years as superintendent), my work is done. I will not request another contract.
It has been a great privilege and honor to work for the Manchester community. I have always been proud of our students’ effort, performance and attitude. These young people reflect the values of their families. The strength of our schools has always been the ability of the Manchester Schools to share these same family values. I am grateful that I had a small part in this process. Go Panthers!
Samuel Reynolds, superintendent, Manchester Local Schools
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014