Manchester Local Schools superintendent announces retirement
To the editor:
My superintendent’s contract terminates at the end of the day on Aug. 31, 2014.
The 10 goals that were established at the beginning of my superintendency have been met. In addition, according to the May 2014 financial forecast, the district now has financial stability (with renewal approval) for the next five years. These achievements occurred because of a coalition of support provided by parents, teachers, support staff, counselors, senior citizens, interested community members, the Board of Education and administrators. Their work for the single purpose of improving instruction and opportunities for children has created the positive reputation and tradition of the Manchester Local School [District]. I am grateful that I was a member of this coalition as superintendent.
After 44 years of total service to the students and families of the Manchester Local Schools (10 years as superintendent), my work is done. I will not request another contract.
It has been a great privilege and honor to work for the Manchester community. I have always been proud of our students’ effort, performance and attitude. These young people reflect the values of their families. The strength of our schools has always been the ability of the Manchester Schools to share these same family values. I am grateful that I had a small part in this process. Go Panthers!
Samuel Reynolds, superintendent, Manchester Local Schools
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014