Manchester Local Schools superintendent announces retirement
To the editor:
My superintendent’s contract terminates at the end of the day on Aug. 31, 2014.
The 10 goals that were established at the beginning of my superintendency have been met. In addition, according to the May 2014 financial forecast, the district now has financial stability (with renewal approval) for the next five years. These achievements occurred because of a coalition of support provided by parents, teachers, support staff, counselors, senior citizens, interested community members, the Board of Education and administrators. Their work for the single purpose of improving instruction and opportunities for children has created the positive reputation and tradition of the Manchester Local School [District]. I am grateful that I was a member of this coalition as superintendent.
After 44 years of total service to the students and families of the Manchester Local Schools (10 years as superintendent), my work is done. I will not request another contract.
It has been a great privilege and honor to work for the Manchester community. I have always been proud of our students’ effort, performance and attitude. These young people reflect the values of their families. The strength of our schools has always been the ability of the Manchester Schools to share these same family values. I am grateful that I had a small part in this process. Go Panthers!
Samuel Reynolds, superintendent, Manchester Local Schools
- Bath resident offers Minor Road fix
- Copley resident disappointed in ODOT process
- West Akron resident critical of city officials
- Cartoon: 4-16-15
- Coventry teacher asking residents to support learning
- Resident says Coventry’s open enrollment policy needs change
- New Franklin reader questions septic fees
- Voter supports Coventry renewal levy
- Coventry woman seeking levy support
Calendar of Events
- Spring Family Book Walk - 4/19/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 4/19/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley House Concert with Ed Caner - 4/19/2015
- Classical Guitarist Stephen Aron - 4/19/2015
- BassoonaRoo - 4/19/2015