Muslim writer wants peace for all Iraqis
To the editor:
It saddens me to hear of [the] casualties of innocent humans in the name of religion. Recently, such a crisis has ensued in Iraq as Christians, Kurds, Shiite Muslims and Yazidis have been caught in the middle of ISIS, creating chaos for innocent minority groups of northern Iraq.
These so called Muslims have no sense. The Holy Quran clearly commands Muslims to protect, not destroy sites of worship: “If God did not repel some men by means of others, there would surely have pulled down cloisters, churches, synagogues, and mosques, wherein the name of God is of commemorated.”
Islam is a religion of peace, and the true face of Islam is not that of which is demonstrated by this hellish group. I pray for all Iraqis that they may find peace within all of the madness, and I hope as Americans, we will support the spread of the American ideal of religious equality around the globe.
Waqas Malik, Green, a member of the Muslim Writers Guild
Calendar of Events
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016
- Uncorked Canvas with Brian Sutphin - 10/27/2016
- “Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein” - 10/27/2016
- Ohio Spirits: Stories, Legends and Tales from Ohio’s Haunted Places - 10/27/2016