Real Estate News & Notes
Library workshop offers free advice for owners of older homes
DOWNTOWN AKRON — The Akron-Summit County Public Library’s Science & Technology Division will host three one-hour workshops for owners of older homes May 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Main Library, 60 S. High St.
“Your Home, Your Project” presenters will include:
• 10 to 11 a.m., “Researching Your House History,” Judy James, manager, Special Collections Division, Akron-Summit County Public Library;
• 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., “Maintenance and Efficiency/Selecting Appropriate Paint Colors,” Jessica Ugarte, The Cleveland Restoration Society; and
• 1 to 2 p.m., “Bigger Than Your Ability? Learn how to ask the right questions when working with architects and contractors,” Tim Coerver, Preservation Alliance of Greater Akron.
“Housing sales are picking up in Summit County, and many of the buyers who are getting great deals will be first-time homeowners,” said Janice Radl, the event-organizing librarian in the Science & Technology Division. “This workshop will answer many of the maintenance questions that surface after the final papers have been signed.”
“All residents benefit when care is taken to preserve, maintain and protect historic and architecturally significant properties in a neighborhood,” added Diane Orender, president of the Preservation Alliance of Greater Akron.
Real estate professionals, students and contractors also may attend.
To sign up for any of these sessions, contact the Science & Technology Division at 330-643-9075 or email email@example.com.
The workshops are free and open to the public.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Spring Nature Hikes - 5/22/2013
- Summit Children’s Choir - 5/22/2013
- “Calamity Jane” - 5/23/2013
- Book Sale and Bizarre Bazaar - 5/25/2013
- Art Sale - 5/25/2013