HBA presents 2012 Envision Awards
AKRON — The 32nd annual Envision Awards recognizing achievements in new home construction, commercial and remodeling projects were presented at the Home Builders Association (HBA) Serving Portage & Summit Counties and Marketing & Sales Council’s 2012 Marketing & Merchandising Excellence (MAME) and Envision Awards program Jan. 17.
This year’s competition featured a total of 26 entries in Summit, Medina, Portage, Stark and Cuyahoga counties. Each of the entries submitted into the competition were judged on both a written judging form and a personal inspection. Ten judges from a variety of backgrounds were asked to score the entrants based on the criteria of exterior design, craftsmanship, floor plan, creativity, curb appeal and interior design. Each judge was provided total square footage figures, the price of the home or project and any extras, including decking, landscaping and interior decorating. The on-site inspections required a full day of touring and tough decisions, according to HBA officials.
The 2011 Envision Award Winners include:
- Single Family Custom 10,000+ square feet — KNL Homes;
- Single Family Custom 8,001-9,000 square feet — first place, Prestige Homes;
- Single Family Custom 7,001-8,000 square feet — first place, Prestige Homes
- Single Family Custom 5,001-6,000 square feet — first place, Boggs Custom Homes;
- Single Family Custom 4,501-5,000 square feet — first place, KNL Homes; Honor Awards, Prestige Homes and Michael Horning Design Build;
- Single Family Custom 4,001-4,500 square feet — first place, Prestige Homes;
- Single Family Custom 3,701-4,000 square feet —first place, Rembrandt Homes;
- Single Family Custom 3,401-3,700 square feet — first place, Helen Scott Custom Builders Inc.;
- Single Family Green 2,801-3,100 square feet — first place, Charis Homes;
- Single Family Custom 2,501-2,800 square feet — first place, Charis Homes;
- Single Family Custom 2,301-2,400 square feet — first place, Rembrandt Homes;
- Single Family Custom 1,900-2,200 square feet — first place and Honor Award, Charis Homes;
- Exterior Living Space and Pool House $500,000+ — Boggs Custom Homes, Jones Group Interiors and Vizmeg Architecture;
- New Addition $200,001-$250,000 — Caruso Architecture Inc., D.F. Brown Construction and Jones Group Interiors;
- Exterior Living Space Remodeling $25,001-50,000 — first place, Goff Builders; Honor Award, Jeff Tucker Building & Design;
- Kitchen & Bath Remodeling $50,001-$75,000 — first place, Home Sweet Home Remodeling;
- Commercial Remodel Other 3,501-4,000 square feet — first place, Testa Cos.;
- Best Residential Development over 50 units — first place, Testa Cos.;
- New Commercial Other 10,000+ square feet — first place, Testa Builders/GBC Design Inc.; Honor Award, DCS Building Corp./GBC Design Inc.; and
- New Commercial Retail 100,000+ square feet — first place, Hartville Hardware/ Ellis Erb Construction/ GBC Design Inc.
Event sponsors included Radian, Akron Beacon Journal/Ohio.com, First Federal Bank, Sherwin Williams, Hartville Hardware and Stouffer Realty. The Master of Ceremonies was Al Mothersbaugh, of Akron Glass Tinting.
This was the 21st year the Envision Awards were incorporated with the MAME (Marketing and Merchandising Excellence) Awards [see Page 38 for information on those awards].
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 2/27/2017
- Pilates - 2/27/2017
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 2/27/2017
- Trombonist Joseph Alessi with The University of Akron’s Symphonic Band and Firestone Community Learning Center (CLC) Wind Ensemble - 2/27/2017
- All City Musical: “Mary Poppins”: high school age students - 2/28/2017