Master Gardeners hosting spring seminar
MEDINA — The Ohio State University Extension and Medina County Master Gardeners will present a Spring Seminar called “Unnatural Invasions” April 27. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the program running from 9 a.m. to noon in the Professional Building Lower Level Meeting Room at 120 W. Washington St.
Topics and presenters will include:
- “What’s Bugging You?,” an introduction to invasive insect species found in Ohio, with Ashley Kulhanek, agriculture and natural resources educator in Medina County;
- “Backyard Invasives,” where attendees will learn about Ohio’s most common invasive plants, with Danae Wolfe, agriculture and natural resources educator in Summit County; and
- “What’s Invading Your Soil” — what’s living in the soil and the invasions soil faces with emphasis on manmade practices, with Sonya Porter, Medina County Master Gardener.
Attendees will learn the most common invasive plants and insects of Ohio and ways of controlling and preventing their spread. They also will learn tips on selecting plans for the home garden and how to help keep watch for the more menacing insects.
The program also will include digging up some of the invasions that happen in soils and learning how to help reduce the impact of these invaders.
The cost is $20 and includes light refreshments. Registration forms are available at medina.osu.edu/events/unnat ural-invasions. The form and payment are due by April 22.
To receive a registration form via mail, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Master Gardener Seminar, c/o OSU Extension, 120 W. Washington St., Suite 1L, Medina, OH 44256.
For more information, contact Kulhanek at 330-725-4911, ext. 106; 330-225-7100, ext. 9237; 330-336-6657, ext. 9237; or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- An Acoustic Evening with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt - 4/26/2015
- Christopher Pekoc: Hand Made - 4/26/2015
- Parish Choir Does Broadway - 4/26/2015
- Gemboree - 4/26/2015
- Empty River Revue - 4/27/2015