West Side Real Estate News & Notes
Summit County Board of Revision complaint forms due April 1
SUMMIT COUNTY — The deadline to file a complaint form (DTE 1) against the valuation of real property is April 1.
Taxpayers who do not agree with the valuation of their property have the opportunity to file a complaint with the Board of Revision for review of property values. When a complaint is filed, the Board of Revision will schedule a hearing, review testimony and issue a decision on whether a correction should be made to the valuation. The board does not hear complaints regarding real estate taxes.
Complaint forms are required to be signed, dated and notarized. Submissions must be postmarked on or before April 1. Complaint forms can be hand delivered or mailed to the Summit County Fiscal Office, 175 S. Main St., Room 302, Akron, OH 44308 or the satellite office at Summit County Board of Revision, 2525 State Road, Room 153, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223.
Property owners may obtain a DTE 1 by calling 330-643-2631 or by visiting fiscaloffice.summitoh.net and choosing the Board of Revision Complaint link. The complaint form is a PDF fill-in.
Board of Revision members are the fiscal officer, county executive and county clerk of courts and/or their representatives.
— By Stephanie Kist
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016