West Side Real Estate News & Notes
Medina County Auditor’s Office hosting signups for Homestead Exemption
MEDINA COUNTY — The state has changed the law with regard to a property tax reduction for people age 65 and older, and Medina County Auditor Mike Kovack has warned that the change could cost residents who don’t take action.
Beginning next year, people 65 and older will have to have household income of $30,000 or less to qualify for the tax break of up to $500 per year on their property tax bill. But those who are eligible this year and sign up, or who are already signed up, are grandfathered into the program and won’t have to meet income requirements, even if they move, Kovack said.
To help ensure all Medina County residents who are eligible are signed up, Kovack will host sign-ups throughout the county between now and the end of the year. Homeowners will be able to sign up on the spot, as well as conduct other business with the Auditor’s Office. Kovack or his representative will have a display at these area locations:
- today, Nov. 14, 10 a.m. to noon, Wadsworth Library, 132 Broad St.;
- tomorrow, Nov. 15, 10 a.m. to noon, Buehler’s Forest Meadows, 275 Forest Meadows Drive;
- Nov. 25, 9 to 11 a.m., Lodi Drug Mart, 661 Wooster St.;
- Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to noon, Brunswick Library, 3649 Center Road;
- Dec. 4, 10 a.m. to noon, Medina Library, 210 S. Broadway St.;
- Dec. 9, 9 to 11 a.m., Wadsworth Drug Mart, 1005 High St.;
- Dec. 9, 6 to 8 p.m., Highland Library, 4160 Ridge Road in Granger;
- Dec. 10, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Buckeye Library, 6625 Wolff Road;
- Dec. 16, 9 to 11 a.m., Medina Drug Mart, 135 Harding St.; and
- Dec. 20, 10 a.m. to noon, Brunswick Giant Eagle, 3440 Center Road.
Residents with questions about the program or registration may contact Kovack at 330-725-9754 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 3/29/2017
- Art For the Animals - 3/29/2017
- Pilates - 3/29/2017
- Warbler Warm-Up - 3/29/2017
- Author Talk: Terry Pluto - 3/29/2017