Akron moratorium on water disconnections now in effect
AKRON — Mayor Don Plusquellic has directed the Water Supply Bureau to cease water service disconnections now through Jan. 1 for customers who are unable to make payment.
“I am pleased to continue our annual moratorium so all our customers will maintain water service during their holidays,” Plusquellic said.
Approximately 675 customers per month have their water service disconnected due to nonpayment. The city does not disconnect water service due to nonpayment on the weekends, so Dec. 12 was the final day for water service disconnections this year.
The utility will resume disconnection of water service due to nonpayment Jan. 2.
The Akron Water Supply Bureau provides retail water and sewer service to approximately 85,000 accounts in Summit County, including Fairlawn, Mogadore and portions of Bath, Cuyahoga Falls, Copley, Coventry, Hudson and Springfield.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Dirty Deeds (tribute to AC/DC) with Grunge DNA - 5/27/2016
- Play: Theatre Games with Wandering Aesthetics: ages 5-9 - 5/27/2016
- Tony Rio with Socrates and the Philosophers - 5/27/2016
- A New Adventure - 5/28/2016
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/28/2016