West Side Real Estate News & Notes
Summit County real estate tax bills mailed
SUMMIT COUNTY — Fiscal Officer Kristen Scalise, CPA, CFE, has announced first-half 2013 real-estate tax bills will be mailed beginning tomorrow, Jan. 17.
The closing date for payment will be Feb. 21, with the exception of military personnel. Property taxes are deferred for military reservists on active duty. Applications for that can be obtained by calling 330-643-2641 or visiting www.fiscaloffice.summitoh.net.
There are several ways for taxpayers to make payment:
- at the Fiscal Office Treasurer Division, on the third floor of the Ohio Building, 175 S. Main St., Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- U.S. mail, postmarked by Feb. 21 to avoid the statutory 10 percent penalty for late payment; a private meter is not valid for establishing the date of payment;
- through the Regional Tax Collection System; a list of participating banks is included on the tax bill (checks must be made payable to the banking institution);
- online or by phone through a secure payment service provided by Official Payments Corp.; taxpayers will need their parcel number on-hand, and a service fee will be charged; to pay taxes online or by phone, go to www.fiscaloffice.summitoh.net/index.php/on-line-tax-payments; or
- at a MoneyGram location; a service fee will be charged. To locate a MoneyGram center, visit www.OfficialPayments.com/locate or call 800-MoneyGram.
The Tax Installment Program will be available again this year to allow those who cannot pay the full amount to avoid late-payment penalties. The deadline to sign up is Feb. 21. Call 330-643-2869 for more information.
For more information on plans to assist delinquent taxpayers, call 330-643-2600.
Those who have not received a tax bill by Jan. 31 should call 330-643-2588.
Tax bills also can be downloaded from www.FiscalOffice.summitoh.net. Click on the “Property” box in the top menu, search for your property and click on the link in the left side menu titled “Tax Bill (PDF).”
hosting annual meeting
TALLMADGE — Preservation Alliance of Greater Akron will host its annual dinner meeting Jan. 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic Tallmadge Town Hall, 10 Tallmadge Circle. Doors will open at 6 p.m.
Cleveland Restoration Society Executive Director Kathleen Crowther will speak on “Historic Preservation as a Community Development Tool.”
Dinner will be catered by Firehouse Grille & Pub. Reservations and prepayment of $30 must be received by Jan. 20. Checks payable to Preservation Alliance of Greater Akron may be sent to 2074 W. Market St., Akron, OH 44313.
Parking is available at the Venue Banquet Center located on state Route 91 (South Avenue). Police crossing assistance will be provided, according to organizers.
Stephanie Kist contributed to these reports.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Migration: for ages 3-6 - 5/29/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society - 5/29/2015
- Any Way You Want It with Broken Promise - 5/29/2015
- Full Moon Fever with Mo Mojo - 5/29/2015
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015