Great Big Home + Garden Show offering displays, demonstrations
CLEVELAND — The 2014 Great Big Home + Garden Show will return to the Cleveland I-X Center Feb. 8-16 with more than 1,000 home industry experts and 650 exhibits to explore, according to organizers.
Presented by Carrier®, the event will feature home improvement ideas and appearances by home and garden celebrities.
“The Great Big Home + Garden Show is a must-see for homeowners wanting to check out the latest trends, be inspired or get advice from the area’s leading home improvement experts,” said Show Manager Rosanna Hrabnicky. “With more than 1,000 experts under one roof, attendees will find what they need to turn their home and garden dreams into a reality.”
Produced by Solon-based Marketplace Events, the event will offer visitors the opportunity to shop for home improvement contractors, lawn and garden services and equipment, home décor and other products and services to transform homes or gardens, according to organizers.
Among the new features and attractions this year are:
- Perrino Builders & Interiors will return for a second year to build the Idea Home that will inspire visitors with ideas for building, remodeling and decorating their own homes. [See related story below.] A Vacation Home built by Weaver Barns also will be on hand. Landscaping surrounding the homes will be provided by Morton’s Landscaping.
- Belgard Hardscapes Inc. will feature outdoor living spaces.
- There will be several Networking Nights throughout the show.
- A Home Depot Kid’s Workshop will offer children an opportunity to build something and take home an orange workshop apron.
According to event officials, returning favorites to the show will include:
√ The Garden Showcase will feature international-themed gardens created by Northeast Ohio landscapers. These gardens will represent exotic locations from around the world and will be partnered with local restaurants that will offer samples during special tasting events Feb. 10 and 11 from 4 to 8 p.m.
√ The fully constructed Dream Basement will showcase a large audio visual theater designed by Xtend Technologies and will be surrounded by low-maintenance landscaping created by Morton’s Landscaping.
√ The combined Main Stage and Loretta Paganini Cooking Stage will offer attendees home improvement celebrity appearances with the opportunity to taste and enjoy food.
√ The show also will feature Celebrity Designer Rooms, the Petitti Gardening Stage with gardening seminars and outdoor furniture and plants for purchase, and the Playground Worlds’ KidsZone, which will feature a variety of safe, high-quality playground equipment and giveaways for parents.
Celebrity appearances, which will appear on the show’s Main Stage, will include: DIY Network and HGTV’s “Yard Crashers and Turf War” host Ahmed Hassan, Feb. 8-9; History Channel’s “American Pickers” co-star Frank Fritz, Feb. 15; Food Network’s “Next Food Network Star” and “Cupcake Wars” cooking personality Emily Ellyn, Feb. 8-9; and HGTV’s “Room by Room” creator and co-host Matt Fox, who also produced and cohosts the “Around the House with Matt and Shari” series.
Also during the event, the Cambria Bistro will offer full-service dining, located around the Garden Showcase.
More details about the show are available at www.greatbighomeandgarden.com.
Great Big Home + Garden Show hours are Feb. 8 and 15 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Feb. 9 and 16 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Feb. 10-14 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Tickets for adult admission cost $14 at the Box Office; $11 through the website or at Discount Drug Mart and AAA locations; $10 for seniors ages 65 and older with identification; and $9 each for groups of 20 or more. Tickets are $5 for children ages 6-12 and free for children 5 and younger.
The I-X Center is located at One I-X Center Drive.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Jim Gill; Robin Roseberry - 8/25/2016
- Moustache Yourself - 8/25/2016
- Yoga in the Park - 8/25/2016
- Community Forum with the International Institute - 8/25/2016
- Noy Chournramany: Meditation and Alternate States of Consciousness - 8/25/2016