SWCD offering 2014 seedling tree, rainbarrel sales
CUYAHOGA FALLS — In an effort to promote native and noninvasive tree plantings, the Summit Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) will offer seedling packet options in its 2014 program.
Packets offered this year are:
- Conifer Tree Packet — 10 each of Colorado blue spruce, Douglas fir, Norway spruce and white pine;
- Flowering Tree and Shrub Packet — four each of downy serviceberry, red bud, white flowering dogwood and witchhazel;
- Native Hardwood Packet — four each of black walnut, red oak, sugar maple and white oak;
- Nut Tree Packet — four each of black walnut, American hazelnut, shellbark hickory and northern pecan;
- Wetland Packet — four each of bald cypress, arborvitae (eastern white cedar,) pussy willow and ninebark; and
- Wild Edible Packet— four each of American hazelnut, pawpaw, persimmon and spicebush.
All of the above packets are $23 each. Ohio Buckeye seedlings will be offered in packs of 10 for $12.
Bulk packets of 10 and 100 will be offered for both the deciduous and coniferous trees. Bulk packets of deciduous trees (excluding pawpaw) are $12 for 10-count and $82 for 100-count packets. Pawpaws are $16 for 10-count packets. Bulk conifers are $10 for 10-count and $46 for 100-count packets.
Two types of wildflower seed packets also will be available — the Northeast Annual and Perennial Wildflower Mix and the Bird and Butterfly Seed Mix. Both are 1-ounce packets that will cover approximately 250 square feet.
Rainbarrels will again be offered through the program. The 55-gallon rainbarrels are set up and ready to install. Linking storage barrels are also available.
To order seedlings, seed packets and rainbarrels, call 330-929-2871, ext. 10; email firstname.lastname@example.org for an order form; or visit the website www.summitswcd.org and click on 2014 Seedling Order Form.
Orders with payment for the tree seedlings, wildflower seed packets and rainbarrels must be received by March 26 at 4 p.m. Pick up for all of the items will be April 11 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the office at 2525 State Road. Planting instructions will be available with pickup.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron BassoonaRoo - 4/29/2016
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to benefit the Rape Crisis Center - 4/29/2016
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron Dance Company Spring Concert - 4/29/2016