Graf Growers hosting March classes, workshops
COPLEY — Graf Growers will present a series of learning and how-to garden seminars and workshops on select Saturdays in March.
The following is a list of dates and speakers, and a short description of each class:
- March 22, 10 a.m., “Insider Tips From the Files of Our Landscape Designers,” with speaker Craig Graf, partner at Graf’s Landscape and Design. Graf will share insider tips and tricks that will make landscaping less intimidating. He will show attendees landscape designs and materials that will complement different lifestyles and budgets. He’ll also provide ideas for solving landscape issues such as drainage, slopes and privacy, as well as inspiration for easily enhancing spaces and adding interesting elements. Seminar fee: $10.
- March 29, 10 a.m., “Vegetable Gardening 101: Getting the Most out of Your Vegetable Gardening Efforts,” with speaker Vince Matlock, Summit County Master Gardener specializing in backyard and local foods. Attendees will learn new ways to make the most of their gardening efforts. Matlock will teach vegetable gardening techniques to extend the growing season and how to stretch a harvest from early spring until late fall. He will share his hands-on experiences in his presentation, as well as answer gardening questions. Seminar fee: $10, with free gardening gift included.
The following is a list of hands-on workshops with dates, times and descriptions:
√ March 15 at 10 a.m., “Early Spring Potting Workshop”: Participants will plant and embellish a hellebores porch pot. According to Graf Growers officials, hellebores are unique, cold-tolerant perennials that will prolifically bloom and add unique interest to a home during the colder months. There is no class fee; participants only pay for materials used. Potting soil will be provided for free.
√ March 22 at 1 p.m., “Terrarium Workshop”: Participants will design and plant a tiny garden under glass. They may bring a terrarium from home or purchase one at Graf Growers. Participants are encouraged to bring a vessel or vase that is larger than they think they want. There is no class fee; participants only pay for materials used. Potting soil will be provided for free.
Graf Growers is located at 1015 White Pond Drive. Preregistration is encouraged because of limited seating, but walk-ins are welcome as seating allows. Call Graf Growers at 330-836-2727 to sign up or email Karlie at email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.grafgrowers.com.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Colors of Nature: for ages 3-6 - 7/1/2016
- Buck Naked with Karri Fedor and Kerosene - 7/1/2016
- Patti & The Gene Fiocca Band - 7/1/2016
- Southbound - 7/1/2016
- Archery for Kids: ages 9-15 - 7/2/2016