West Side Real Estate News & Notes
Local builders join Habitat for Humanity in building effort
SUMMIT COUNTY — Local homebuilders are partnering with Habitat for Humanity of Summit County (HFHSC) to raise walls on four homes in eight days in partnership with low-income families as part of Habitat for Humanity’s Home Builders Blitz 2014.
The week of June 9, four homes — one in Barberton and four in Akron — will be built by Paino Builders, Rembrandt Homes, Goff Builders and Tucker Building and Design, all members of the Home Builders Association Serving Portage and Summit Counties.
The nationwide project seeks to build and renovate nearly 260 homes.
“We are incredibly grateful that so many home builders choose to give of their time, talent and resources to help build hope in the lives of families in need of decent shelter,” said Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International.
“This is the second time we have participated in the national event. We are excited as an organization to partner with the outstanding members of the Home Builders Association to help make dreams come true for four families,” said Rochelle Fisher, president and CEO of HFHSC.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016