Cuyahoga Falls Electric System receives APPA RP3 Diamond Award
|Photo courtesy of the City of Cuyahoga Falls|
The Cuyahoga Falls Electric System was first awarded this designation in 2012 with the Gold status. 2014 marked the utility’s first year of achieving Diamond status, the highest possible designation.
Pictured above, from left are: Brent McKinney, manager, electric transmission and distribution at City Utilities of Springfield, Mo., and chair of APPA’s RP3 Review Panel; Michael Dougherty, electric superintendent, Cuyahoga Falls Electric System; and Mike Hyland, APPA senior vice president of engineering and operations.
The RP3 designation recognizes public power utilities that demonstrate proficiency in four disciplines: reliability, safety, workforce development and system improvement. Out of the more than 2,000 public power utilities in the nation, less than 10 percent are recognized as Reliable Public Power Providers, according to APPA officials.
Mayor Don Walters said receiving the designation is an honor.
“Our employees put in a lot of hard work to provide reliable and safe service to our residents and business customers,” he said. “It’s great to receive this award honoring the hard work that the employees do.”
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016