Fishing club shares love of sport
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Pictured at right top is Springfield Township resident Frances Anderson, at right, as she helps her son’s friend, Ashley Leifeit, adjust her line tension.
Anderson’s son Aaron Anderson is shown at right middle holding up his catch.
Springfield resident Don Cole and his son Andy enjoy a moment as they assess Andy’s catch, as shown at right bottom.
For their efforts, participants earned trophies and ribbons, according to club officials. Their fish were cleaned and kept on ice for the anglers to take home. They also enjoyed a lunch of hot dogs, chips and pop provided by the club.
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Day Out With Thomas - 5/24/2015
- Metro Parks Book Club: “The Endangered Species Road Trip” by Cameron MacDonald - 5/24/2015
- Good Old Fashioned Outdoor Fun - 5/24/2015
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015