Highland golf team wins fourth consecutive title
GRANGER — The Highland High School girls golf team, coached by Mary Becker and assistant coach Bonnie Gomez, won its fourth consecutive Suburban League Tournament Sept. 17.
The team was led by senior Jessica Porvasnik (68) and Jessica McRae (69), according to district officials. The girls won by 35 strokes over Green High School. The team score of 298 is the third lowest in Medina County history, according to district officials. Rachel Horvath (80) and Chloe McKinzie (81) rounded out the scoring for the team, who have won the last seven league tournaments by an average of 46.9 strokes, according to district officials.
Shown above, from left, are: (kneeling) Hallie Schuld, Horvath, McRae, Porvasnik, McKinzie and Megan Phillips; and (standing) Becker, Anatasia Lindeman, Maria Aslanis, Devon Dubiel, Annie Phillips, Karly Alexander and Gomez.
More Sports News
- Summit Metro Parks’ Spree For All beginning May 1
- Medina gymnasts place at meet
- Trip to Ireland paying off for Highland rugby team
- Revere boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Revere sixth-grade girls travel basketball team wins league
- Green softball coach says ‘sky is limit’ for team
- Hitting key for Manchester softball team
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017