Highland golf team wins fourth consecutive title
GRANGER — The Highland High School girls golf team, coached by Mary Becker and assistant coach Bonnie Gomez, won its fourth consecutive Suburban League Tournament Sept. 17.
The team was led by senior Jessica Porvasnik (68) and Jessica McRae (69), according to district officials. The girls won by 35 strokes over Green High School. The team score of 298 is the third lowest in Medina County history, according to district officials. Rachel Horvath (80) and Chloe McKinzie (81) rounded out the scoring for the team, who have won the last seven league tournaments by an average of 46.9 strokes, according to district officials.
Shown above, from left, are: (kneeling) Hallie Schuld, Horvath, McRae, Porvasnik, McKinzie and Megan Phillips; and (standing) Becker, Anatasia Lindeman, Maria Aslanis, Devon Dubiel, Annie Phillips, Karly Alexander and Gomez.
More Sports News
- Runners take part in 14th annual Akron Marathon
- Revere girls soccer coach ‘really pleased’ with team’s results
- OHSAA initiates penalties against Hoban
- Postseason offers new opportunities for Highland girls volleyball team
- Green boys soccer team hitting stride as postseason approaches
- Coventry girls soccer looking for another winning season
Calendar of Events
- Akron-Summit Country Main Library Events - 10/1/2016
- John Gragg and Katie Kopan; John Gragg - 10/1/2016
- Fall Felt Wreath - 10/1/2016
- David Sanborn - 10/1/2016
- Mr. Science - 10/1/2016