Highland golf team wins fourth consecutive title
GRANGER — The Highland High School girls golf team, coached by Mary Becker and assistant coach Bonnie Gomez, won its fourth consecutive Suburban League Tournament Sept. 17.
The team was led by senior Jessica Porvasnik (68) and Jessica McRae (69), according to district officials. The girls won by 35 strokes over Green High School. The team score of 298 is the third lowest in Medina County history, according to district officials. Rachel Horvath (80) and Chloe McKinzie (81) rounded out the scoring for the team, who have won the last seven league tournaments by an average of 46.9 strokes, according to district officials.
Shown above, from left, are: (kneeling) Hallie Schuld, Horvath, McRae, Porvasnik, McKinzie and Megan Phillips; and (standing) Becker, Anatasia Lindeman, Maria Aslanis, Devon Dubiel, Annie Phillips, Karly Alexander and Gomez.
More Sports News
- Canal Park creates fond memories
- Copley-Fairlawn Schools Foundation 5K, Fun Run set for Aug. 2
- Three to be inducted into Derby Hall of Fame
- Coventry H League Indians finish successful season
- Ellet Racers 10U softball team Portage District Champs
- Panthers U9 league champs
- Summit Metro Parks stresses trail etiquette
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014