Highland golf team wins fourth consecutive title
GRANGER — The Highland High School girls golf team, coached by Mary Becker and assistant coach Bonnie Gomez, won its fourth consecutive Suburban League Tournament Sept. 17.
The team was led by senior Jessica Porvasnik (68) and Jessica McRae (69), according to district officials. The girls won by 35 strokes over Green High School. The team score of 298 is the third lowest in Medina County history, according to district officials. Rachel Horvath (80) and Chloe McKinzie (81) rounded out the scoring for the team, who have won the last seven league tournaments by an average of 46.9 strokes, according to district officials.
Shown above, from left, are: (kneeling) Hallie Schuld, Horvath, McRae, Porvasnik, McKinzie and Megan Phillips; and (standing) Becker, Anatasia Lindeman, Maria Aslanis, Devon Dubiel, Annie Phillips, Karly Alexander and Gomez.
More Sports News
- Undefeated Hoban football team beats rival Walsh
- Copley boys soccer team looking to continue postseason success
- Experience key strength for Woodridge boys soccer team
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield boys cross country team eyeing strong finish
- ‘Future looks bright’ for Springfield girls cross country team
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Cheaper by the Dozen” - 10/10/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 10/10/2015
- Fall Family Outing - 10/10/2015
- Akron Symphony Orchestra: The Music of John Williams - 10/10/2015
- Katt Williams - 10/10/2015