Highland golf team wins fourth consecutive title
GRANGER — The Highland High School girls golf team, coached by Mary Becker and assistant coach Bonnie Gomez, won its fourth consecutive Suburban League Tournament Sept. 17.
The team was led by senior Jessica Porvasnik (68) and Jessica McRae (69), according to district officials. The girls won by 35 strokes over Green High School. The team score of 298 is the third lowest in Medina County history, according to district officials. Rachel Horvath (80) and Chloe McKinzie (81) rounded out the scoring for the team, who have won the last seven league tournaments by an average of 46.9 strokes, according to district officials.
Shown above, from left, are: (kneeling) Hallie Schuld, Horvath, McRae, Porvasnik, McKinzie and Megan Phillips; and (standing) Becker, Anatasia Lindeman, Maria Aslanis, Devon Dubiel, Annie Phillips, Karly Alexander and Gomez.
More Sports News
- WABL U10 team wins championship
- Copley tennis team places second at OTCA tourney
- Woodridge boys track team wins 2013 league title
- STVM boys track team takes home Division II state title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys tennis team finishes season strong in sectionals
- South Side Scoreboard
- Injuries helped derail season for Coventry baseball team
Calendar of Events
- “Jack Reacher” - 6/19/2013
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 6/19/2013
- Stumpy Basin Volunteers - 6/19/2013
- Ron Tanner - 6/19/2013
- Akron Roundtable - 6/20/2013