OFSC raises $198,000 for Akron Children’s Hospital
|Photo courtesy of Akron Children’s Hospital|
Shown above during the check presentation are (from left): Tim O’Herron (vice chairman of the board, OFSC); Dave Brown (OFSC board member), Chris Sadie, RN (nurse manager for the Burn Center), Mary Mondozzi, RN, MSN (Burn Center education/outreach coordinator), Matthew Kuwatch (board chairman and executive director, OFSC); and Mark Karr (treasurer and board member, OFSC).
Since its founding in 2005, OFSC has collected $198,000 for the hospital.
Proceeds benefit the Akron Children’s Hospital Burn Center through specific programs, such as supporting education, medical equipment, prevention and research initiatives, as well as patient support programs and the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC) Burn Camp. A portion of the funds also have benefited research at the Akron Children’s Hospital Cancer Center.
Funds were raised during the eighth annual OFSC Burn Invitational golf tournament held at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton. The four-person golf scramble was followed by silent and live auctions. Funds generated this year will be applied to purchasing patient lifts in the Burn Center rooms.
More Sports News
- Hoban continues postseason with win over Coventry
- Copley girls basketball team ready for playoff run
- CVCA hockey turnaround includes school’s first-ever Baron Cup
- Sixth annual Battle of the Badges to benefit Falls Cancer Club
- Hoban defeats Coventry in sectional semifinal
- Manchester boys basketball hoping win streak continues
- Springfield boys bowling team targeting return to state tourney
Calendar of Events
- Scrabble Club - 2/26/2017
- Coffee With the Birds - 2/26/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 2/26/2017
- Parish Arts Concert Series: Singing Angels - 2/26/2017
- Yoga - 2/27/2017