OFSC raises $198,000 for Akron Children’s Hospital
|Photo courtesy of Akron Children’s Hospital|
Shown above during the check presentation are (from left): Tim O’Herron (vice chairman of the board, OFSC); Dave Brown (OFSC board member), Chris Sadie, RN (nurse manager for the Burn Center), Mary Mondozzi, RN, MSN (Burn Center education/outreach coordinator), Matthew Kuwatch (board chairman and executive director, OFSC); and Mark Karr (treasurer and board member, OFSC).
Since its founding in 2005, OFSC has collected $198,000 for the hospital.
Proceeds benefit the Akron Children’s Hospital Burn Center through specific programs, such as supporting education, medical equipment, prevention and research initiatives, as well as patient support programs and the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC) Burn Camp. A portion of the funds also have benefited research at the Akron Children’s Hospital Cancer Center.
Funds were raised during the eighth annual OFSC Burn Invitational golf tournament held at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton. The four-person golf scramble was followed by silent and live auctions. Funds generated this year will be applied to purchasing patient lifts in the Burn Center rooms.
More Sports News
- STVM wins first playoff game against North
- Copley wrestling coach says team ‘peaking right now’
- Revere wrestling team aiming for strong showing at sectionals
- Highland team captures league title
- Copley travel team victorious over Norton
- Revere team wins tournament
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team aiming for strong showing at state
- Green girls swim team looking to finish season strong
- South Side Scoreboard
- Green wrestling team places second at meet
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015