OFSC raises $198,000 for Akron Children’s Hospital
|Photo courtesy of Akron Children’s Hospital|
Shown above during the check presentation are (from left): Tim O’Herron (vice chairman of the board, OFSC); Dave Brown (OFSC board member), Chris Sadie, RN (nurse manager for the Burn Center), Mary Mondozzi, RN, MSN (Burn Center education/outreach coordinator), Matthew Kuwatch (board chairman and executive director, OFSC); and Mark Karr (treasurer and board member, OFSC).
Since its founding in 2005, OFSC has collected $198,000 for the hospital.
Proceeds benefit the Akron Children’s Hospital Burn Center through specific programs, such as supporting education, medical equipment, prevention and research initiatives, as well as patient support programs and the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC) Burn Camp. A portion of the funds also have benefited research at the Akron Children’s Hospital Cancer Center.
Funds were raised during the eighth annual OFSC Burn Invitational golf tournament held at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton. The four-person golf scramble was followed by silent and live auctions. Funds generated this year will be applied to purchasing patient lifts in the Burn Center rooms.
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014