OFSC raises $198,000 for Akron Children’s Hospital
|Photo courtesy of Akron Children’s Hospital|
Shown above during the check presentation are (from left): Tim O’Herron (vice chairman of the board, OFSC); Dave Brown (OFSC board member), Chris Sadie, RN (nurse manager for the Burn Center), Mary Mondozzi, RN, MSN (Burn Center education/outreach coordinator), Matthew Kuwatch (board chairman and executive director, OFSC); and Mark Karr (treasurer and board member, OFSC).
Since its founding in 2005, OFSC has collected $198,000 for the hospital.
Proceeds benefit the Akron Children’s Hospital Burn Center through specific programs, such as supporting education, medical equipment, prevention and research initiatives, as well as patient support programs and the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC) Burn Camp. A portion of the funds also have benefited research at the Akron Children’s Hospital Cancer Center.
Funds were raised during the eighth annual OFSC Burn Invitational golf tournament held at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton. The four-person golf scramble was followed by silent and live auctions. Funds generated this year will be applied to purchasing patient lifts in the Burn Center rooms.
More Sports News
- Swim meet honors local swimmer
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley girls swim team sets ‘lofty goals’ this season
- ‘Speed and quickness’ key for Copley boys basketball team
- Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
- Copley Cosmos U13 team ends season as champs
- Revere fourth-grade cheer team places first at tournament
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/5/2013
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 12/5/2013
- Messy Playdate! - 12/5/2013
- “Employees’ Entrance” - 12/5/2013
- Papercuts: A Poetic Interplay of Light and Shadow - 12/6/2013