Area swimmers take part in annual meet
Brooke McMahan, daughter of Chris McMahan and Kim Hone-McMahan and a 1999 graduate of Green High School, was a member of the SSOAC for many years before her sudden death in July 2003. The swim meet is held in her memory.
Shown at left top, at left, is Brooke McMahan’s brother, Alex McMahan, introducing Ann Marie Denning, of Cuyahoga Falls, who’s about to administer the Special Olympic Oath. Standing behind her are Kim and Chris McMahan.
Shown at right bottom, from left, is Michelle Ott, of New Franklin, talking with some members of the SSOAC swim team, including Aaron Anderson, Claudia Anger and her daughter, Jenna Ott.
In addition to traditional competitive swimming, relays that reflected Brooke McMahan’s personality also took place, according to event officials.
Taking time to pose for a photo are, shown at right top, from left, Alex McMahan and SSOAC members Jarad Walker, Tim Words, Liz Cooper, Beth Bailey and Todd Eisinger.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014