Area swimmers take part in annual meet
Brooke McMahan, daughter of Chris McMahan and Kim Hone-McMahan and a 1999 graduate of Green High School, was a member of the SSOAC for many years before her sudden death in July 2003. The swim meet is held in her memory.
Shown at left top, at left, is Brooke McMahan’s brother, Alex McMahan, introducing Ann Marie Denning, of Cuyahoga Falls, who’s about to administer the Special Olympic Oath. Standing behind her are Kim and Chris McMahan.
Shown at right bottom, from left, is Michelle Ott, of New Franklin, talking with some members of the SSOAC swim team, including Aaron Anderson, Claudia Anger and her daughter, Jenna Ott.
In addition to traditional competitive swimming, relays that reflected Brooke McMahan’s personality also took place, according to event officials.
Taking time to pose for a photo are, shown at right top, from left, Alex McMahan and SSOAC members Jarad Walker, Tim Words, Liz Cooper, Beth Bailey and Todd Eisinger.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- RubberDucks hold national anthem auditions
- Buchtel boys basketball team looking to get stronger
- Copley team wins Slam Jam championship
- Woodridge boys basketball team reached several goals this season
- Spartan Sparkles program continues to celebrate inclusion
- Springfield boys track team aiming for strong finish in league
- Springfield bowling teams finish strong at state
- St. Francis team wins championship
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 3/29/2017
- Art For the Animals - 3/29/2017
- Pilates - 3/29/2017
- Warbler Warm-Up - 3/29/2017
- Author Talk: Terry Pluto - 3/29/2017