Area swimmers take part in annual meet
Brooke McMahan, daughter of Chris McMahan and Kim Hone-McMahan and a 1999 graduate of Green High School, was a member of the SSOAC for many years before her sudden death in July 2003. The swim meet is held in her memory.
Shown at left top, at left, is Brooke McMahan’s brother, Alex McMahan, introducing Ann Marie Denning, of Cuyahoga Falls, who’s about to administer the Special Olympic Oath. Standing behind her are Kim and Chris McMahan.
Shown at right bottom, from left, is Michelle Ott, of New Franklin, talking with some members of the SSOAC swim team, including Aaron Anderson, Claudia Anger and her daughter, Jenna Ott.
In addition to traditional competitive swimming, relays that reflected Brooke McMahan’s personality also took place, according to event officials.
Taking time to pose for a photo are, shown at right top, from left, Alex McMahan and SSOAC members Jarad Walker, Tim Words, Liz Cooper, Beth Bailey and Todd Eisinger.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
Calendar of Events
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/22/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/22/2015
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 5/22/2015
- Ron Kalinoski on “How to Grind Your Own Telescope Mirror”: Astronomy Club of Akron - 5/22/2015
- Wanted with Rock Brigade - 5/22/2015