Copley-Fairlawn Schools Foundation holds contest
|Photo courtesy of Copley-Fairlawn Schools Foundation|
According to event officials, the event was created to raise awareness about how the organization impacts students and teachers in the district and to raise money for upcoming scholarships and grants. Tickets were sold in advance at open houses and home football games to receive a chance at a football throwing contest with the possibility to win $500.
Nick Campitelli and Conner Knabe, shown at right, from left, were drawn to compete at the Throwin’ contest. Each won a $50 consolation prize.
To learn more about the foundation or ways to contribute, call 330-664-4800 or visit www.cfsfoundation.com.
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony: Home for the Holidays - 12/9/2016
- Nuance - 12/9/2016
- University of Akron Graduate String Quartet - 12/9/2016
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016