Girls on the Run holds successful event
|Photo courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron|
According to event officials, the event had more than 1,200 participants, including GOTR program participants, coaches, friends and family.
The GOTR 5K is a noncompetitive event in which everyone is a winner, according to event officials. The GOTR program combines training for a 5K running event with healthy living education that instills self-esteem through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships and physical training, according to event officials.
Registration for the next session will begin in February. Those interested can get more information by visiting www.shawjcc.org or www.gotrgreatersummit.org.
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014