Girls on the Run holds successful event
|Photo courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron|
According to event officials, the event had more than 1,200 participants, including GOTR program participants, coaches, friends and family.
The GOTR 5K is a noncompetitive event in which everyone is a winner, according to event officials. The GOTR program combines training for a 5K running event with healthy living education that instills self-esteem through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships and physical training, according to event officials.
Registration for the next session will begin in February. Those interested can get more information by visiting www.shawjcc.org or www.gotrgreatersummit.org.
More Sports News
- STVM wins first playoff game against North
- Copley wrestling coach says team ‘peaking right now’
- Revere wrestling team aiming for strong showing at sectionals
- Highland team captures league title
- Copley travel team victorious over Norton
- Revere team wins tournament
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team aiming for strong showing at state
- Green girls swim team looking to finish season strong
- South Side Scoreboard
- Green wrestling team places second at meet
Calendar of Events
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Kickoff Party - 3/6/2015