Girls on the Run holds successful event
|Photo courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron|
According to event officials, the event had more than 1,200 participants, including GOTR program participants, coaches, friends and family.
The GOTR 5K is a noncompetitive event in which everyone is a winner, according to event officials. The GOTR program combines training for a 5K running event with healthy living education that instills self-esteem through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships and physical training, according to event officials.
Registration for the next session will begin in February. Those interested can get more information by visiting www.shawjcc.org or www.gotrgreatersummit.org.
More Sports News
- Canal Park creates fond memories
- Copley-Fairlawn Schools Foundation 5K, Fun Run set for Aug. 2
- Three to be inducted into Derby Hall of Fame
- Coventry H League Indians finish successful season
- Ellet Racers 10U softball team Portage District Champs
- Panthers U9 league champs
- Summit Metro Parks stresses trail etiquette
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014