Girls on the Run holds successful event
|Photo courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron|
According to event officials, the event had more than 1,200 participants, including GOTR program participants, coaches, friends and family.
The GOTR 5K is a noncompetitive event in which everyone is a winner, according to event officials. The GOTR program combines training for a 5K running event with healthy living education that instills self-esteem through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships and physical training, according to event officials.
Registration for the next session will begin in February. Those interested can get more information by visiting www.shawjcc.org or www.gotrgreatersummit.org.
More Sports News
- Walsh reclaims bell with victory over STVM
- Woodridge boys cross country team targeting postseason run
- Woodridge girls cross country team aiming for success
- Westfield Bank sponsors Cuyahoga Falls Little League North Baseball Complex
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield cross country celebrating new home course
- Springfield boys cross country coach seeing improvement
- Norton team first in division
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Dinner in the Valley: A Lesson in Ducks - 9/16/2014
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014