Girls on the Run holds successful event
|Photo courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron|
According to event officials, the event had more than 1,200 participants, including GOTR program participants, coaches, friends and family.
The GOTR 5K is a noncompetitive event in which everyone is a winner, according to event officials. The GOTR program combines training for a 5K running event with healthy living education that instills self-esteem through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships and physical training, according to event officials.
Registration for the next session will begin in February. Those interested can get more information by visiting www.shawjcc.org or www.gotrgreatersummit.org.
More Sports News
- Swim meet honors local swimmer
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley girls swim team sets ‘lofty goals’ this season
- ‘Speed and quickness’ key for Copley boys basketball team
- Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
- Copley Cosmos U13 team ends season as champs
- Revere fourth-grade cheer team places first at tournament
- New coach changing culture of Coventry girls basketball team
- Winning record goal for Coventry boys bowling team
- South Side Scoreboard
- G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
Calendar of Events
- Downtown Akron Art Walk - 12/7/2013
- Island of Misfit Toys - 12/7/2013
- Summit Children’s Choir - 12/7/2013
- Central Akron (Advanced) Toastmasters - 12/7/2013
- “Dear Gabby: The Confessions of an Overachiever” - 12/7/2013