Registration open for Hall of Fame City Challenge
CANTON — Registration is now open for the 2013 Hall of Fame City Challenge, which will take place June 15 in the streets of Canton.
The Hall of Fame City Challenge includes a marathon, wheelchair marathon, half marathon, five-person relay and 10K that will start in Downtown Canton and end at Fawcett Stadium. The marathon, five-person team relays, half marathon and 10K will begin at 6 a.m. The marathon wheelchair division will start at 5:50 a.m.
The course will be flatter this year and feature more neighborhood terrain, according to marathon officials.
The post-race festivities will take place adjacent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. There is a walking division in the half marathon and 10K races also this year, according to marathon officials.
Events will start June 14 with the Hall of Fame City Challenge Expo, which will run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Canton Timken High School, 521 Tuscarawas St. W. According to marathon officials, the Expo is a mandatory stop for participant registration, bag pick-up, timing bib, shirts and race information. Registration will be open at the expo for events that have not been sold out or closed. Entry to the expo is free and open to the public to visit with sponsor and exhibitor booths.
Also June 14, activities for children, along with the Kids Dash, will take place from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Fawcett Stadium, which is adjacent to the Hall of Fame, 2121 George Halas Drive N.W.
Online and mail-in registration is open through June 10. For more information, to register online or for mail-in registration forms, visit www.HallofFameCityChallenge.com.
More Sports News
- Strong offense leads Woodridge to win
- Revere boys soccer team looking to defend state title
- Coach pleased with progress made by Revere girls tennis team
- Cleveland Futbol Club U14 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls soccer program building toward sustained success
- Springfield boys golf team finishes strong in PTC
- South Side Scoreboard
- Kick for the Cure raises record-breaking amount for charities
- Green mini majorettes cap clinic with performance
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014