Revere, Highland wrestlers win championships at Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Placing runner-up in their weight classes were Norton High School’s Sean Rutherford in 220 pounds and Archbishop Hoban High School’s Kevin Swaney in 132 pounds.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points. Other top 10 area teams included Revere with seventh place and Norton with eighth.
Other area teams’ results included: Woodridge High School, 11th place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; Manchester High School, 26th; Highland, 27th; and Copley High School, 29th.
Shown above right middle right is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter is shown above right top, on top, over Buchtel’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown above right bottom is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
Shown above bottom is Copley’s Fred Koeliner, on bottom, wrestling Canfield High School’s Sam Conner in the 195-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Swim meet honors local swimmer
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley girls swim team sets ‘lofty goals’ this season
- ‘Speed and quickness’ key for Copley boys basketball team
- Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
- Copley Cosmos U13 team ends season as champs
- Revere fourth-grade cheer team places first at tournament
- New coach changing culture of Coventry girls basketball team
- Winning record goal for Coventry boys bowling team
- South Side Scoreboard
- G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
Calendar of Events
- Walk Down Memory Lane - 12/11/2013
- Peter White with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 12/11/2013
- GriefCare Place - 12/11/2013
- Romp with Rudolph - 12/12/2013
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013