Revere, Highland wrestlers win championships at Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Placing runner-up in their weight classes were Norton High School’s Sean Rutherford in 220 pounds and Archbishop Hoban High School’s Kevin Swaney in 132 pounds.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points. Other top 10 area teams included Revere with seventh place and Norton with eighth.
Other area teams’ results included: Woodridge High School, 11th place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; Manchester High School, 26th; Highland, 27th; and Copley High School, 29th.
Shown above right middle right is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter is shown above right top, on top, over Buchtel’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown above right bottom is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
Shown above bottom is Copley’s Fred Koeliner, on bottom, wrestling Canfield High School’s Sam Conner in the 195-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014