Revere, Highland wrestlers win championships at Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Placing runner-up in their weight classes were Norton High School’s Sean Rutherford in 220 pounds and Archbishop Hoban High School’s Kevin Swaney in 132 pounds.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points. Other top 10 area teams included Revere with seventh place and Norton with eighth.
Other area teams’ results included: Woodridge High School, 11th place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; Manchester High School, 26th; Highland, 27th; and Copley High School, 29th.
Shown above right middle right is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter is shown above right top, on top, over Buchtel’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown above right bottom is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
Shown above bottom is Copley’s Fred Koeliner, on bottom, wrestling Canfield High School’s Sam Conner in the 195-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016