Revere, Highland wrestlers win championships at Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Placing runner-up in their weight classes were Norton High School’s Sean Rutherford in 220 pounds and Archbishop Hoban High School’s Kevin Swaney in 132 pounds.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points. Other top 10 area teams included Revere with seventh place and Norton with eighth.
Other area teams’ results included: Woodridge High School, 11th place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; Manchester High School, 26th; Highland, 27th; and Copley High School, 29th.
Shown above right middle right is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter is shown above right top, on top, over Buchtel’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown above right bottom is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
Shown above bottom is Copley’s Fred Koeliner, on bottom, wrestling Canfield High School’s Sam Conner in the 195-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Hoban defeats STVM in annual matchup
- Akron Marathon concludes inaugural Rubber City Race Series
- Highland girls golf team adds another league title to résumé
- Revere tennis team places second in tournament
- Highland boys golf team looking for more postseason success
- West Side Scoreboard
- Coventry girls tennis coach pleased with improvement
- Manchester girls tennis coach working to build foundation
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Kulas Concert Series: Zahari Metchkov and Joachim Reinhuber - 10/4/2015
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s to benefit Alzheimer’s Association - 10/4/2015
- Walk for Babies to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital - 10/4/2015
- Dixieland Jazz Concert and Jam - 10/4/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 10/4/2015