Revere, Highland wrestlers win championships at Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Placing runner-up in their weight classes were Norton High School’s Sean Rutherford in 220 pounds and Archbishop Hoban High School’s Kevin Swaney in 132 pounds.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points. Other top 10 area teams included Revere with seventh place and Norton with eighth.
Other area teams’ results included: Woodridge High School, 11th place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; Manchester High School, 26th; Highland, 27th; and Copley High School, 29th.
Shown above right middle right is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter is shown above right top, on top, over Buchtel’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown above right bottom is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
Shown above bottom is Copley’s Fred Koeliner, on bottom, wrestling Canfield High School’s Sam Conner in the 195-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Walsh boys basketball team defeats Hoban
- Medina gymnasts excel at meet
- Revere girls basketball team taking ‘different path’ to reach goals
- Walsh girls basketball team looking forward to postseason challenges
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge wrestling coach pleasantly surprised by team’s effort
- Manchester wrestling team gearing up for league meet
- Green boys basketball team adjusting to Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016
- Lego Club: kindergarten through third grade - 2/10/2016