Area wrestlers compete in Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points.
Other area team results included: Norton, eighth place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; and Manchester High School, 26th.
Shown at right bottom is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter, is shown at right middle, on top, over Buchtel High School’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown at right top is Manchester’s Jake Hanzel, at left, wrestling with Olmsted Falls High School’s Jordan Lee in the 285-pound weight.
Shown at above left is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge High School’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Inaugural Holly Run raises funds for cancer charity
- Copley wrestling team off to strong start
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team competing for conference crown
- Green boys swim team looking to maintain improvement
- Manchester girls basketball team out to fast start
- Coventry athlete signs letter of intent
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014