Area wrestlers compete in Dies tournament
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School won the team title with 255 points, with Barberton High School placing second with 146 points.
Other area team results included: Norton, eighth place; Green High School, 12th; Coventry High School, 15th; Hoban, 24th; and Manchester High School, 26th.
Shown at right bottom is Green’s Noah Schaub, on top, pinning Firestone’s Austin Qualls in the 120-pound weight class.
Coventry’s Josh Gunter, is shown at right middle, on top, over Buchtel High School’s Nevin Strobelt-McCann in the 126-pound weight class.
Shown at right top is Manchester’s Jake Hanzel, at left, wrestling with Olmsted Falls High School’s Jordan Lee in the 285-pound weight.
Shown at above left is Hoban’s Michael Belknap, at left, during a match with Woodridge High School’s Hunter Mercer in the 145-pound weight class.
For complete results of the tournament, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014