Akron Aeros announce video board project
DOWNTOWN AKRON — The Akron Aeros, the Double-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, announced Jan. 22 a new privately funded, $1.65 million high-definition (HD) video board project for the 2013 season at Canal Park.
According to Aeros officials, the video board project will include the largest video board in Double-A baseball and one of the five largest in Minor League Baseball, and an HD LED ribbon board display in left-center field. The project will place Canal Park among the top parks in the country in technological advancement and in-game entertainment options, according to Aeros officials.
“The video board is just part of our commitment to our fans and the city of Akron,” said Aeros’ owner Ken Babby, who signed a 30-year lease extension with the city of Akron and a four-year player development agreement extension with the Cleveland Indians in October. “We are obsessed about giving our fans the very best experience possible, and this is one of many new enhancements Aeros’ fans can look forward to in 2013.”
According to Aeros officials, the new main video board will have an HD15 screen and have an active display area of a height of 26 feet and width of 68 feet. Together with the digital line score board, there will be almost 2,000 square feet of HD LED display, making it the largest in Double-A baseball, according to Aeros officials. Together with the ribbon board and the digital line score board that will run below the main video board, there will be 2,314 total square feet of LED display, more than five times of the previous Canal Park setup, according to Aeros officials.
The new board will present the Aeros with options for nightly promotions, in-game contests and fan interactions, as well as enhancing the game information with displayed lineups and real-time statistical updates, according to Aeros officials.
The Aeros teamed up with Daktronics, the world’s largest supplier of large-screen video displays and electronic scoreboards, for project design, according to team officials.
The team will begin its season in Akron April 4. For more information, visit www.akronaeros.com.
More Sports News
- Fast summer for Copley fifth-grader
- Revere Athletic Hall of Fame inductees revealed for 2016
- Firestone boys golf team looking for young golfers to step up
- Seniors looking to lead Springfield boys golf team
- Manchester girls tennis team showing growth
- Huth Foundation golf benefit raises funds for Project REBUILD
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 8/24/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden - 8/24/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Ernie Krivda All Star Quartet - 8/24/2016
- Tots and Treats - 8/24/2016
- A New Beginning: group for widows and widowers - 8/24/2016