Revere Dance Team, officials dance for charity
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Four teams competed for the “Mirrorball Trophy” while raising money for their favorite charity and the Revere High School Dance Team. According to school officials, the teams were assigned in October and have been practicing in private since that time. The music, costume and choreography were chosen and created by the senior dance team member.
The teams included: Randy Boroff, superintendent of Revere Local Schools, with Hannah Hershfield; Philip King, principal of Revere High School, with Emma Hershfield; Bill Schumacher, Revere’s athletic director, with Ashley Londrico; and John Evans, assistant principal of Revere, with Paige Whittington.
According to school officials, the winner who received the most votes from the sale of $1 tickets was the team of Schumacher and Londrico, shown at right top. The duo competed for the Kylie Jane Long Foundation.
Shown at right second down is the team of Evans and Whittington, displaying their Revere spirit. They competed for TeacHaiti.
Shown at right third down is the team of Emma Hershfield and King, who competed for Relay For Life.
The team of Hannah Hershfield and Boroff, who competed for American Heart Association, are shown at right bottom.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016