Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- Firestone swimmers celebrate seniors at last home meet
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team improving ‘in every aspect’
- Copley boys basketball team looking to maintain undefeated season
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Manchester girls basketball coach looking forward to playoffs
- Walsh girls basketball team ready for postseason challenges
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Sunday Funday Ballroom Dance - 2/14/2016
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Soup for the Bird Lover’s Soul - 2/14/2016
- Love is in the Air Hike - 2/14/2016
- ConFunkShun - 2/14/2016
- Movie Matinee: “Minions” - 2/15/2016