Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- Swim meet honors local swimmer
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley girls swim team sets ‘lofty goals’ this season
- ‘Speed and quickness’ key for Copley boys basketball team
- Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
- Copley Cosmos U13 team ends season as champs
- Revere fourth-grade cheer team places first at tournament
- New coach changing culture of Coventry girls basketball team
- Winning record goal for Coventry boys bowling team
- South Side Scoreboard
- G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
Calendar of Events
- Downtown Akron Art Walk - 12/7/2013
- Island of Misfit Toys - 12/7/2013
- Summit Children’s Choir - 12/7/2013
- Central Akron (Advanced) Toastmasters - 12/7/2013
- “Dear Gabby: The Confessions of an Overachiever” - 12/7/2013