Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014