Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- Annual swim meet honors local swimmer
- Hoban girls soccer team claims first state championship
- Towpath team places fifth at USTA National Championships
- Highland boys cross country ends successful season
- Walsh hosts American Cancer Society fundraiser
- Summit Athletic Running Club donates to Falls Cancer Club
- Revere U11 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Manchester football team ends season on strong run
- Springfield girls cross country showed ‘incredible’ improvement
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Jon Mosey - 11/25/2015
- Joseph Arthur - 11/25/2015
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 11/26/2015
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015