Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- Highland athletes sign letters of intent
- Firestone boys basketball team looking for return to form
- Revere soccer team ends season as finalists
- Buchtel girls basketball program ‘on the right track’
- Green boys basketball team powered by strong senior class
- New Springfield girls basketball coach building program
- Winter activities abundant in Summit Metro Parks
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 11/29/2014
- Boy=Girl - 11/29/2014
- Gingerbread House of Hope to benefit Everybody EATS - 11/29/2014
- Gentle Yoga for Seniors - 11/29/2014