Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- New boating launch point available in Cuyahoga Falls
- Annual charity volleyball tournament benefiting Falls family
- Copley U12 team wins championship
- G League teams end season as winners
- Copley Elite U12 softball team wins championship
- Preparations underway for 10th annual Kick for the Cure
- Safety stressed when fishing, boating in Portage Lakes
Calendar of Events
- Nature’s Magic Act: Caterpillars - 7/31/2016
- Cooking With Herbs - 7/31/2016
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 7/31/2016
- Hudson Stamp Show - 7/31/2016
- Hunting for Grasshoppers - 7/31/2016