Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
During the event, the Hale Farm grounds were transformed into seven golf courses with nine holes each, with hole distances ranging from 65 to 125 yards. Golfers were challenged to drive shots across the frozen fields and putt balls laden with ice. A group of golfers during play are pictured at right middle top.
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play. Also participating were, pictured at right middle bottom, from left, Mark Ruf, of Copley; Pat McCausland, of the Portage Lakes area; Sam and Mike Rabe, of Akron; and Jeff Welch, of the Portage Lakes area.
Golfer Dr. Ray Mason, of Wooster, is pictured at right bottom as he takes a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield.
— Kathleen Folkerth
More Sports News
- Annual Metro Parks Spree for All kicks off May 1
- Firestone boys track looking to defend City Series title
- Firestone girls track aiming for more postseason success
- Jane’s Walk brings weekend of citizen-led walking tours to Akron
- West Side Scoreboard
- Elms Lady Panthers receive CYO Sportsmanship Award
- Revere team places first at futsal tournament
- Coventry rugby team aiming for strong postseason
- Coventry softball gaining momentum as playoffs approach
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Frolicking Fairies Crafts: for kindergarten-second grade students - 5/7/2015
- Word Games - 5/7/2015
- “The Theory of Everything” - 5/7/2015
- Speculative Fiction Book Discussion: “Golden Son” by Pierce Brown - 5/7/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/8/2015