Buchtel youth wrestling team wins third at state
|Photo courtesy of Richard Decatur|
The team finished in third place and capped off this year’s season with a dual meet record of 24-1.
The Griffins won the West Branch Tournament, the Norton Tournament and the Buchtel Tournament and finished second in the Perry Elite Tournament.
Twin brothers Jacob and Jordan Decatur finished in first place in the tournament, as did Matthew Pugh (132-pound weight class).
Jacob Decatur (70 pounds) won his fourth state title and Jordan (76 pounds) won his fifth state title, according to team officials. Jordan Decatur’s state title tied the league record for the most individual state titles, according to team officials. The Decatur brothers’ combined nine state titles set a new record for the most state titles won by two brothers in the 34-year history of the league, according to team officials.
Buchtel’s George Rozier (100 pounds) placed second, M’Lique Brown (175 pounds) finished third and Kyle Sanders (67 pounds) finished sixth.
Shown above, from left, are: Johnny Pugh, Brown, Trenton Pugh, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Pugh, Gha’Vaughn Poole, Sanders, Rozier and Jordan Decatur.
More Sports News
- Swim meet honors local swimmer
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley girls swim team sets ‘lofty goals’ this season
- ‘Speed and quickness’ key for Copley boys basketball team
- Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
- Copley Cosmos U13 team ends season as champs
- Revere fourth-grade cheer team places first at tournament
- New coach changing culture of Coventry girls basketball team
- Winning record goal for Coventry boys bowling team
- South Side Scoreboard
- G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
Calendar of Events
- Walk Down Memory Lane - 12/11/2013
- Peter White with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 12/11/2013
- GriefCare Place - 12/11/2013
- Romp with Rudolph - 12/12/2013
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013