Buchtel youth wrestling team wins third at state
|Photo courtesy of Richard Decatur|
The team finished in third place and capped off this year’s season with a dual meet record of 24-1.
The Griffins won the West Branch Tournament, the Norton Tournament and the Buchtel Tournament and finished second in the Perry Elite Tournament.
Twin brothers Jacob and Jordan Decatur finished in first place in the tournament, as did Matthew Pugh (132-pound weight class).
Jacob Decatur (70 pounds) won his fourth state title and Jordan (76 pounds) won his fifth state title, according to team officials. Jordan Decatur’s state title tied the league record for the most individual state titles, according to team officials. The Decatur brothers’ combined nine state titles set a new record for the most state titles won by two brothers in the 34-year history of the league, according to team officials.
Buchtel’s George Rozier (100 pounds) placed second, M’Lique Brown (175 pounds) finished third and Kyle Sanders (67 pounds) finished sixth.
Shown above, from left, are: Johnny Pugh, Brown, Trenton Pugh, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Pugh, Gha’Vaughn Poole, Sanders, Rozier and Jordan Decatur.
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014