Buchtel youth wrestling team wins third at state
|Photo courtesy of Richard Decatur|
The team finished in third place and capped off this year’s season with a dual meet record of 24-1.
The Griffins won the West Branch Tournament, the Norton Tournament and the Buchtel Tournament and finished second in the Perry Elite Tournament.
Twin brothers Jacob and Jordan Decatur finished in first place in the tournament, as did Matthew Pugh (132-pound weight class).
Jacob Decatur (70 pounds) won his fourth state title and Jordan (76 pounds) won his fifth state title, according to team officials. Jordan Decatur’s state title tied the league record for the most individual state titles, according to team officials. The Decatur brothers’ combined nine state titles set a new record for the most state titles won by two brothers in the 34-year history of the league, according to team officials.
Buchtel’s George Rozier (100 pounds) placed second, M’Lique Brown (175 pounds) finished third and Kyle Sanders (67 pounds) finished sixth.
Shown above, from left, are: Johnny Pugh, Brown, Trenton Pugh, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Pugh, Gha’Vaughn Poole, Sanders, Rozier and Jordan Decatur.
More Sports News
- Summit Metro Parks’ Spree For All beginning May 1
- Medina gymnasts place at meet
- Trip to Ireland paying off for Highland rugby team
- Revere boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Revere sixth-grade girls travel basketball team wins league
- Green softball coach says ‘sky is limit’ for team
- Hitting key for Manchester softball team
Calendar of Events
- Great Lakes Great Maines Club Cat Show - 4/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 4/30/2017
- Scrabble Club - 4/30/2017
- Figure and Form: Intimate Studies - 5/2/2017
- Memory Fitness: Keep Your Mind Sharp - 5/2/2017