Buchtel youth wrestling team wins third at state
|Photo courtesy of Richard Decatur|
The team finished in third place and capped off this year’s season with a dual meet record of 24-1.
The Griffins won the West Branch Tournament, the Norton Tournament and the Buchtel Tournament and finished second in the Perry Elite Tournament.
Twin brothers Jacob and Jordan Decatur finished in first place in the tournament, as did Matthew Pugh (132-pound weight class).
Jacob Decatur (70 pounds) won his fourth state title and Jordan (76 pounds) won his fifth state title, according to team officials. Jordan Decatur’s state title tied the league record for the most individual state titles, according to team officials. The Decatur brothers’ combined nine state titles set a new record for the most state titles won by two brothers in the 34-year history of the league, according to team officials.
Buchtel’s George Rozier (100 pounds) placed second, M’Lique Brown (175 pounds) finished third and Kyle Sanders (67 pounds) finished sixth.
Shown above, from left, are: Johnny Pugh, Brown, Trenton Pugh, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Pugh, Gha’Vaughn Poole, Sanders, Rozier and Jordan Decatur.
More Sports News
- Trapshooting youth win state, national awards
- STVM girls tennis team seeing strong start to season
- Highland girls tennis team working hard to improve
- Project RISE participants attend Akron Racers game
- North American All Stars win Dana Cup
- Huth Foundation golf benefit raises funds for Project REBUILD
- Dedication paying off for Green girls tennis team
- Green girls volleyball team aiming for winning season
- Coventry U12 Indians end season as champions
Calendar of Events
- Introduction to Spanish - 8/26/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 8/26/2016
- Zoso (Led Zeppelin tribute)with the Joe Vitale Jr. Band - 8/26/2016
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016