Buchtel youth wrestling team wins third at state
|Photo courtesy of Richard Decatur|
The team finished in third place and capped off this year’s season with a dual meet record of 24-1.
The Griffins won the West Branch Tournament, the Norton Tournament and the Buchtel Tournament and finished second in the Perry Elite Tournament.
Twin brothers Jacob and Jordan Decatur finished in first place in the tournament, as did Matthew Pugh (132-pound weight class).
Jacob Decatur (70 pounds) won his fourth state title and Jordan (76 pounds) won his fifth state title, according to team officials. Jordan Decatur’s state title tied the league record for the most individual state titles, according to team officials. The Decatur brothers’ combined nine state titles set a new record for the most state titles won by two brothers in the 34-year history of the league, according to team officials.
Buchtel’s George Rozier (100 pounds) placed second, M’Lique Brown (175 pounds) finished third and Kyle Sanders (67 pounds) finished sixth.
Shown above, from left, are: Johnny Pugh, Brown, Trenton Pugh, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Pugh, Gha’Vaughn Poole, Sanders, Rozier and Jordan Decatur.
More Sports News
- Walsh reclaims bell with victory over STVM
- Woodridge boys cross country team targeting postseason run
- Woodridge girls cross country team aiming for success
- Westfield Bank sponsors Cuyahoga Falls Little League North Baseball Complex
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield cross country celebrating new home course
- Springfield boys cross country coach seeing improvement
- Norton team first in division
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014