Buchtel youth wrestling team wins third at state
|Photo courtesy of Richard Decatur|
The team finished in third place and capped off this year’s season with a dual meet record of 24-1.
The Griffins won the West Branch Tournament, the Norton Tournament and the Buchtel Tournament and finished second in the Perry Elite Tournament.
Twin brothers Jacob and Jordan Decatur finished in first place in the tournament, as did Matthew Pugh (132-pound weight class).
Jacob Decatur (70 pounds) won his fourth state title and Jordan (76 pounds) won his fifth state title, according to team officials. Jordan Decatur’s state title tied the league record for the most individual state titles, according to team officials. The Decatur brothers’ combined nine state titles set a new record for the most state titles won by two brothers in the 34-year history of the league, according to team officials.
Buchtel’s George Rozier (100 pounds) placed second, M’Lique Brown (175 pounds) finished third and Kyle Sanders (67 pounds) finished sixth.
Shown above, from left, are: Johnny Pugh, Brown, Trenton Pugh, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Pugh, Gha’Vaughn Poole, Sanders, Rozier and Jordan Decatur.
More Sports News
- Woodridge defeats CVCA in first football game of season
- Revere Athletic Hall of Fame inductees to be honored
- Copley football team off to winning start
- Towpath team qualifies for nationals
- West Side Scoreboard
- Manchester Athletic Hall of Fame inductees to be honored
- Green girls golf team off to strong start in Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 9/4/2015
- The Machine with The Moxies - 9/4/2015
- Peninsula Flea - 9/5/2015
- History Hike - 9/5/2015