CVCA wins district boys basketball title
The Royals will play St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in a regional semifinal today, March 14, at 6:15 p.m. at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Bob Peters led the Royals with 18 points, five rebounds and three assists, and his brother, Mike Peters, had 15 points. Shown at right bottom is Mike Peters (No. 25), at center, making a run against Buchtel’s Tyler Jones (No. 11).
CVCA senior Caleb Kleibscheidel ended the game with seven points and nine rebounds, and senior Alex Punka finished with six points and five rebounds.
Shown at right middle is Buchtel’s Jones (No. 11), in front, moving around CVCA’s Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
Jones, along with fellow Griffins Elijah Bell and Demonte Hicks, scored 10 points.
Shown at right top is Buchtel’s Bell (No. 22), at center, surrounded by, from left, CVCA’s Marty Lee (No. 12), Mike Peters (No. 25) and Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016