CVCA wins district boys basketball title
The Royals will play St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in a regional semifinal today, March 14, at 6:15 p.m. at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Bob Peters led the Royals with 18 points, five rebounds and three assists, and his brother, Mike Peters, had 15 points. Shown at right bottom is Mike Peters (No. 25), at center, making a run against Buchtel’s Tyler Jones (No. 11).
CVCA senior Caleb Kleibscheidel ended the game with seven points and nine rebounds, and senior Alex Punka finished with six points and five rebounds.
Shown at right middle is Buchtel’s Jones (No. 11), in front, moving around CVCA’s Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
Jones, along with fellow Griffins Elijah Bell and Demonte Hicks, scored 10 points.
Shown at right top is Buchtel’s Bell (No. 22), at center, surrounded by, from left, CVCA’s Marty Lee (No. 12), Mike Peters (No. 25) and Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015