CVCA wins district boys basketball title
The Royals will play St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in a regional semifinal today, March 14, at 6:15 p.m. at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Bob Peters led the Royals with 18 points, five rebounds and three assists, and his brother, Mike Peters, had 15 points. Shown at right bottom is Mike Peters (No. 25), at center, making a run against Buchtel’s Tyler Jones (No. 11).
CVCA senior Caleb Kleibscheidel ended the game with seven points and nine rebounds, and senior Alex Punka finished with six points and five rebounds.
Shown at right middle is Buchtel’s Jones (No. 11), in front, moving around CVCA’s Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
Jones, along with fellow Griffins Elijah Bell and Demonte Hicks, scored 10 points.
Shown at right top is Buchtel’s Bell (No. 22), at center, surrounded by, from left, CVCA’s Marty Lee (No. 12), Mike Peters (No. 25) and Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- WABL U10 team wins championship
- Copley tennis team places second at OTCA tourney
- Woodridge boys track team wins 2013 league title
- STVM boys track team takes home Division II state title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys tennis team finishes season strong in sectionals
- South Side Scoreboard
- Injuries helped derail season for Coventry baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Akron Roundtable - 6/20/2013
- Vintage Cars - 6/20/2013
- Trumpet Genesis - 6/20/2013
- Baby Shower - 6/20/2013
- Lost State of Franklin - 6/20/2013