CVCA wins district boys basketball title
The Royals will play St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in a regional semifinal today, March 14, at 6:15 p.m. at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Bob Peters led the Royals with 18 points, five rebounds and three assists, and his brother, Mike Peters, had 15 points. Shown at right bottom is Mike Peters (No. 25), at center, making a run against Buchtel’s Tyler Jones (No. 11).
CVCA senior Caleb Kleibscheidel ended the game with seven points and nine rebounds, and senior Alex Punka finished with six points and five rebounds.
Shown at right middle is Buchtel’s Jones (No. 11), in front, moving around CVCA’s Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
Jones, along with fellow Griffins Elijah Bell and Demonte Hicks, scored 10 points.
Shown at right top is Buchtel’s Bell (No. 22), at center, surrounded by, from left, CVCA’s Marty Lee (No. 12), Mike Peters (No. 25) and Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Frustration turns to exhilaration as Tribe wins home opener
- Seniors looking to create history for Firestone boys track team
- Firestone girls track team aiming for City Series title
- Rubber City Games beginning in May
- Green boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Green boys lacrosse planning on successful season
Calendar of Events
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017