CVCA wins district boys basketball title
The Royals will play St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in a regional semifinal today, March 14, at 6:15 p.m. at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Bob Peters led the Royals with 18 points, five rebounds and three assists, and his brother, Mike Peters, had 15 points. Shown at right bottom is Mike Peters (No. 25), at center, making a run against Buchtel’s Tyler Jones (No. 11).
CVCA senior Caleb Kleibscheidel ended the game with seven points and nine rebounds, and senior Alex Punka finished with six points and five rebounds.
Shown at right middle is Buchtel’s Jones (No. 11), in front, moving around CVCA’s Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
Jones, along with fellow Griffins Elijah Bell and Demonte Hicks, scored 10 points.
Shown at right top is Buchtel’s Bell (No. 22), at center, surrounded by, from left, CVCA’s Marty Lee (No. 12), Mike Peters (No. 25) and Kleibscheidel (No. 13).
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Hoban ends STVM’s season in regional final
- Copley football team ends season as league champs
- STVM girls cross country team finishes strong at state meet
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley-Fairlawn youth football team regular season champs
- Green football coach optimistic about team’s returning core
- Green cross country teams make mark in Federal League debut
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015
- American Indians of Sand Run - 11/28/2015