Spinning workout winds through Tel Aviv
|Photo courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
The Shaw JCC’s Health and Wellness Department and Shlichim teamed up to offer a new program to its members and guests called Spinning in Israel. The first destination was Tel Aviv.
Utilizing real photos from Israel, a spinning workout was coordinated to mimic the hills and terrain seen on the screen so participants would get the feeling they were taking a real-life bike tour through the city of Tel Aviv.
The tour was led by guides Jenny and Oz Naor, community Shlichim for the Akron and Canton communities, and Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, health and wellness director for the Shaw JCC.
“My imagination ran wild with the imagery of the big screen through the streets of Tel Aviv,” said Elyssa Katz, Shaw JCC member and Spinning in Israel participant. “I can’t wait to see Jerusalem in the next class!”
The first program was offered free of charge to members and, according to JCC officials, was such a success that by popular demand an additional Spinning in Israel: Tel Aviv class was added. In April, spinners will “tour” Jerusalem for a $5 charge for Shaw JCC members and $10 for nonmembers.
More Sports News
- Local youths take part in Derby
- Goodyear Half Marathon & 10K debuting Aug. 15
- Charity volleyball tournament benefiting area residents
- St. Sebastian students race in Gravity Racing Challenge
- Akron Sun Devils win tourneys
- Local youths take part in Soap Box Derby
- Coventry football team aiming for winning record this season
Calendar of Events
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/1/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 8/1/2015
- Hustle and Bustle for Stand Up for Downs - 8/1/2015
- Dirty Deeds with Metal Inc, Natural Wonder with Colin Dussault’s Blues Project - 8/1/2015
- Peninsula Flea - 8/1/2015