UA-Wayne College Warriors win tournament
|Photo courtesy of Wayne College|
The No. 5 seeded Warriors, coached by Patrick Rufener, had to defeat Ohio State University-Mansfield, Ohio University-Eastern, top-seed Miami University-Middletown and Ohio State University-Newark in succession over two weekends to capture the title, according to team officials.
The first two rounds were played in Newark, and the championship rounds took place in Orrville.
Wayne’s roster included: Jackie Adams (a graduate of East High School), Jacob Blevins (Highland High School), DeVaughn Boddie (Archbishop Hoban High School), Rick Brewer (Green High School), Kimyata Cooper (Kenmore High School), De’Shon Hudson (East High School), Gio Ingersoll (Firestone High School), Anthony Keys (Barberton High School) and Andrew Lowe (Kingsway Christian High School).
Adams, Boddie, Brewer, Hudson and Lowe were starters. Ingersoll and Keys were top reserves. Hudson was named ORC State Tournament Most Valuable Player. The Warriors completed their season 18-16.
More Sports News
- Runners take part in 14th annual Akron Marathon
- Revere girls soccer coach ‘really pleased’ with team’s results
- OHSAA initiates penalties against Hoban
- Postseason offers new opportunities for Highland girls volleyball team
- Green boys soccer team hitting stride as postseason approaches
- Coventry girls soccer looking for another winning season
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Falls Farmers Market - 9/30/2016
- Glass and Found Object Sculpture - 9/30/2016
- The Babys - 9/30/2016
- Dueling Pianos to benefit the Battered Women’s Shelter - 9/30/2016
- Empty Bowl Dinner to benefit Good Neighbors of Cuyahoga Falls - 9/30/2016