Teammates win gold at Special Olympics Winter Games
|Photo courtesy of Lee Eisinger|
Two club members with Down syndrome won gold medals at the Ohio Special Olympics Winter Games at Boston Mills and Brandywine Ski Resort Feb. 6-7. West Akron residents P.J. O’Neil, 19, and Todd Eisinger, 30, shown at right from left, competed in alpine skiing. O’Neil won gold in the intermediate slalom and giant slalom, while Eisinger won gold in the advanced downhill and the advanced giant slalom.
For more information about the club, contact local coordinator Lee Eisinger at 330-864-8512.
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- Mudcakes Clay Class: ages 6-8 - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016